Monday, August 28, 2017

Mixed Media Art Journal School/Study Encourage

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Fearless Typewriter School Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz

Hello, my lovely crafty friends, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and welcome back for the new challenge. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, our theme is "School/ Study Related".

We also have a special challenge for children between the ages of 2 and 16! CLICK HERE or on the logo to go directly to the challenge page.


I was inspired to create an art journal page with motivational quotes for my daughter, a high school freshman. I stamped the typewriter image using Tim Holtz Type Chart Rubber Stamp and added sentiments with Way with Words rubber stamp.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Fearless Typewriter School Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz 2


I started this project with spraying Tim Holtz Distress Spray Paints on the journal page using different colors over three Layering Stencils. The sentiment was stamped using Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp and Simon Says Black Ink Pad on another piece of white paper, torn and pasted on the journal page.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Fearless Typewriter School Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz 3

The gear embellishments were die cut and colored with Distress Paint, then pasted on the page. I stenciled the sun and clouds with Distress Paint over Simon Says Stencil Make a Scene Stencil. I traced the outline of the sun and clouds with a black pen. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Fearless Typewriter School Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz 4

The typewriter was stamped, colored with Kirarina Blue Glitter Pen, cut and pasted on this journal page. I added some more sentiments around the typewriter using Altenew Label Stamp set. 

I really love these motivational words and hope this journal page encourages Natalie to have a great high school life. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Fearless Typewriter School Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz 1

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^




new-instagram-icon22



Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!


SaveSave
SaveSave

14 comments:

simo said...

I love this motivational journal page Meihsia, so bright and perfect for a young woman stepping into the 'high school' days...Lots of hugs...Simona

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journal page Meihsia :-) the words are so inspiring and the colours and details are fabulous! I am sure your daughter loves this!! Wishing her the best of luck with her studies :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

I love this, Meihsia! Your daughter's friends are all going to be begging you to make one for them. I love the bright colors and the words of inspiration are perfect for a young girl getting started in a new chapter of her life.

Cathie ♥

Paula Cheney said...

super!! love how you made the big stamp a feature!

Maura said...

Awesome saying, Meihsia! Love the bright colors you've used here! hugs, Maura

Anna-Karin said...

That is one of my favorite sentiment stamps Meihsia! And all the fun items go so well with it. I bet your daughter loved it. I hope your daughter will enjoy high school!

Macarena said...

SO beautiful! I love the soft but coorful background and all the sentiments, they are stunning and so motivated. Hugs, Marzena!

Barbara said...

FAbulous page, so inspirational! love love love how you painted the typewriter! BArbara

Emma Williams said...

Such a wonderful page, Meihsia and I love how you've used the stamps to interpret the challenge theme...they just work so well and create a feast for the eyes! :)

Kath Stewart said...

a stunning notebook Meihsia and I'm sure it will be the envy of all your daughter's classmates...hugs kath xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

beautiful page Meihsia, it is so romantic and delicate!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Really lovely work, as always! I am a sucker for anything with a typewriter, so I especially liked that component. You always combine images and elements in such unique and refreshing ways!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

What a lovely page, Meihsia! The colors are so cheerful and fun, love the typewriter! Hugs, Sandra