Monday, August 16, 2021

Mixed Media Tag Dry Embossing Best Wishes



Hello, my dear blog friends! Welcome back to the new challenge. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge our theme is "DRY EMBOSSING".  I was inspired to create a mixed media tag using Tim Holtz Sizzix Interwined 3 D Texture Fades Embossing Folder for the texture on the background, and decorated it with AALL & Create Basic Veggies Clear Stamp Set and Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Lace Baseboard Frame.


To start this project, I dry embossed the tag using Tim Holtz Interwinded Embossing Folder and Big Shot to create the texture on the background of the tag. The background was colored using Distress Ink Pads and the blending tools. I distressed the edges of the tag using dark brown Distress Ink Pad then outlined it with a black pen. 

On a piece of watercolor paper, I stamped and colored the two same carrot images. One for the background of the frame, and I cut out and pasted it on the frame using double sided tapes to create the dimension. The frame was colored with Distress Ink Pads and blending tools. 


To finish off this project, I added some embellishments and used Tim Holtz Label Sticker as the sentiment. I really love the beautiful dry embossed texture on the background and hope you like it, too. Can't wait to see what you create with the dry embossing technique. Happy crafting! 

Supply List:


Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!


I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^



Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram. If you use Instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun tag Meihsia and I love carrots..

Luv CHRISSYxx