Monday, July 22, 2019

Mixed Media Canvas Not a Card You are Loved



Hello creative people, I hope you all had an awesome weekend and welcome back for the new challenge! This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, our theme is "NOT A CARD".  I was inspired to create a mixed media canvas with the textured background using Tim Holtz Mini Stencil Set 39 and embellished it with a vintage portrait from Idea-Ology Found Relatives.


I started this project with applying the modeling paste on the 4" X 6" canvas using a palette knife over the Tim Holtz Mini Stencil Set 39. After the modeling paste was dry, the canvas was colored with Distress Ink Pads and Distress Paints using different colors. 


I added a vintage portrait, Prima Flowers, and some metal embellishments to decorate the canvas. The sentiments were adhered using Tim Holtz Quotation Stickers. To finish off this project, I distressed the edges of the canvas using Distress Paint in Walnut Stain. 

I really enjoyed creating this canvas with the beautiful vintage portrait and effect, and hope you like it, too. I am looking forward to seeing what you make. Happy crafting!


Supply List:




Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^



Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram. If you use Instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!




2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous canvas Meihsia..I love doing canvases too, love your background colours and textures and metal embellishments..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Maura said...

Very cool canvas! I especially love all the metal pieces you added!