Monday, July 8, 2019

Mixed Media Art Journal Life on the Ocean Waves



Hello, my friends, welcome back for the new challenge. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, our theme is "LIFE ON THE OCEAN WAVES". I was inspired to create a mixed media art journal page using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad Salty Ocean on the background, and embellished with Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamps Mariner Blueprint and Idea-Ology Photo Booth Vintage Photo.


To start this project, I sprayed Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain on the background of the art journal page. The background was stamped with Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamp Artful Voyage and the black ink pad, then heat embossed using the clear embossing powder.


On a piece of heavy white card stock, I stamped the anchor, rope and ship wheel with Tim Holtz Mariner Blueprint and colored them using watercolors. These images were cut and pasted on the journal page with foam tabs. To finish off this project, I randomly added some sentiments on the page using Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs. 

I hope you like my creation of "Life on the Ocean Waves" this week and got inspired to create your project. Join us and happy crafting!


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^



Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram. If you use Instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!




3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Wonderful nautical page Meihsia, I love all the details and rich colours.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Maura said...

Great mixed media page, Meihsia! I love the transition of blue to purple! Maura

Anna-Karin said...

Such a pretty page Meihsia! I love the colors you used and the ship stamped in the background.