Monday, August 12, 2019

Watercolor Postcard Midsummer Blues



Hey, my dear blog friends, welcome back for the new challenge. Our theme this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is "MIDSUMMER BLUES". I was inspired to create two postcards using Simon Says Stamp Suzy's Succulents Watercolor Prints and Daniel Smith Watercolor with some sentiments from Idea-Ology Quotations Metallic Stickers.


I watercolored these two prints using Daniel Smith watercolors and a watercolor brush. I always enjoy coloring the succulents and plants with the beautiful Daniel Smith ultimate mixing hand poured watercolors. After the watercolors were dry, on the first postcard, I added some blue Distress Glitter. On the second card, I glued some blue star sequins randomly.

These two watercolored postcards were added sentiments with Tim Holtz Quotation Stickers. I outlined the postcards using a black pen. To finish off this project, I applied a layer of Micro Glaze to seal and protect the watercolors on the postcards.



Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^



Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram. If you use Instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!




3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely vivid colours - I'm a big fan of Daniel Smith watercolours too. These little cards are charming.
Alison x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful water colouring Meihsia and I love the succulents, gorgeous cards.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Maura said...

Gorgeous watercoloring, Meihsia!! LOVE your blending of color! hugs, Maura