Monday, January 14, 2019

Mixed Media Tag Recycle Opportunity



Hello, my lovely friends, welcome back for the new challenge. I hope you all had a great weekend. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge our theme is "Recycle Something". We would like you to recycle something! Maybe use some ribbon or twine from a gift you received or decorate a carton or jar, there is so much ‘rubbish’ that we can alter into something beautiful and help to save the planet at the same time!



I was inspired to create a mixed media tag using the recycled bubble wrap, book page, wire and cardboard, and decorated it with Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp Opportunities and Idea-Ology Quotation Metallic Stickers. To start this project, I first pasted a piece of torn cardboard and bubble wrap on the tag using Tombow Mono Glue.


The tag and embellishments were colored with various shades of Distress Paints. I also added a piece of torn magazine paper and made a wired heart to attach on the tag.


The sentiment was stamped and cut to paste on the tag. I also stenciled some sentiments with Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Distress Paint, and added some Idea-Ology Quotations Metallic Stickers. To finish off the tag, I outlined the tag with a brush pen and Ground Expresso Distress Paint. 


Supply List:





Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^



Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram. If you use Instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!




7 comments:

Chrissy said...

FABulous tag Meihsia..love the textures and colours and details..and I love the quotes..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag Meihsia! the colours and textures are fabulous and I love the wire heart! absolutely brilliant recycling! :-)

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Barbara said...

Amazing tag Meihsia! design is fabulous and colors as always incredible with your yellow signature! barbara

Maura said...

WOnderful job recycling, Meihsia! I love how you put the bubble wrap right on the tag, and made the top with it too. This is such a sweet confection of colors! Maura

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wa-hoo! This is so full of gorgeous texture! I love how you made the ribbon going through the top of the tag full of polka-dot goodness!

Macarena said...

I always adore how bravely you use the vibrant yellow on your projects. I wish I was so brave and can make such a bright projects! Hugs, Macarena.

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, the colors of this tag are amazing!! It is like it shines! I love it and the bubble wrap is so cool!!