Monday, August 29, 2016

Mixed Media Tag Curiosities

newchallenge sssm

Welcome back, my lovely friends! This week, let's create with the ‘sewing’ them. You can use either sewing themed stamps, dies, etc. Or you could add real or faux stitching!

I made a mixed media tag with a cute Tim Holtz Crazy Dog image, and the edges of the tag were stamped with the faux stitching using Tim Holtz Patchwork Pieces.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media tag Tm Holtz Dog

On this size 8 tag, I first colored the background with Distress Paints and stamped some patterns with Gesso and Colorbox black ink pad. To create the faux stitching, I stamped Tim Holtz patchwork stamp around the edges of the tag. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media tag Tm Holtz Dog 1

The star die cut embellishment were made using Tim Holtz Stacked Star Wafer Dies and Big Shot. The key embellishment was covered with Gesso first and Distress paints, then layered with star diecut   and glued on the tag. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media tag Tm Holtz Dog 2

I really love this crazy dog image so I stamped and heat embossed it, then colored using Sakura Koi watercolors. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media tag Tm Holtz Dog 3

Some metal embellishments and Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers were attached on the tag for more interest. 

Hope you got inspired and join us with your STITCH or SEWING theme project. Can't wait to see what you will create!

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media tag Tm Holtz Dog 4

Supply List:







 
mon-challenge-badge

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^

Simon Says Stamp


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



SaveSave

14 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! Love this tag Meihsia, absolutely adorable :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove thissss!!!AWWWW it reminds me of my lovely Scooby!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meihsia, your pup tag is wonderful! I love how the stars go out from the tag. The colors just make me happy! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun tag, Meihsia! I love the bold colors and the dog as the focal point :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous artsy background, and I love your kooky dog and brilliant use of the starry die.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your tag! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I aadore this tag! FAbulous work, the crazy dog is fantastic and the bright colors are wonderful! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this tag, Meihsia! Those colors are gorgeous and the crazy dog is adorable. I love how you colored the key too. Gorgeous!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is abbsolutely cute! I love the dog and the stars around which seem he has just hit again a wall and saw the stars :P Lovely, light and sweet! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this! SO cute!! Love the doggie and all the stars about his head. And the key and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun tag Meihsia...your crazy dog is just adorable and love all the details in the background...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what fun! I love this hound and your colourful tag! The stars look great! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love...love...LOVE! I think this has to be my favourite of all Crazy Dogs projects I've seen, I must love it and adore the doggie surrounded by all the wonderful details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Meihsia! This is one of my favorite projects of yours, the stars in the back are amazing, and the crazy dog looks fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete