Monday, July 11, 2016

Mixed Media Tag Floral

newchallenge sssm

Hello, my dear crafty friends, I hope you all had a great weekend. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, our challenge theme is FLORA and FAUNA. Definition: Flora is plant life; fauna refers to animals. I am looking forward to seeing your creation!

I created a mixed media tag with my favorite Prima Flowers and Tim Holtz Botanical Rubs.

meihsia liu simply paper crafts mixed media tag floral prima flowers 1

On this tag, I put all my favorite elements together on this tag. As usual, I used size 8 tag and distressed the background with Distress Inks and Art Daubers. 

meihsia liu simply paper crafts mixed media tag floral prima flowers 2

The bookplate was die cut and covered with the white crackle paint. After coloring the Tim Holtz metal charm with Distress Paints, I layered the embellishments and adhered them on the tag using Tombow Mono Glue. 

meihsia liu simply paper crafts mixed media tag floral prima flowers 3

Prima Flowers and die cut leaves were attached on the tag. I also glued a tiny glass bottle on the tag for more interest. 

meihsia liu simply paper crafts mixed media tag floral prima flowers 4

As a final step, I added Tim Holtz Rubs on and there's some Gesso splattered on the embellishments and background of the tag. I hope you enjoy my tag and got a chance to create your project with the theme "FLORA and FAUNA".

meihsia liu simply paper crafts mixed media tag floral prima flowers

Supply List:


 
mon-challenge-badge

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^

Simon Says Stamp


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Meihsia, I love colours, so summery and pretty and the flowers and all of the details are fabulous :-)

    hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, Meihsia! And I LOVE your color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is gorgeous, Meihsia! Love the colors and all the touches. The butterfly is just luminescent, and love the little treasure bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Meihsia! Everything you create is so beautiful. I love the colors and that butterfly is gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing tag, Meihsia! Love the butterfly on top, and the crackled frame is so pretty! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag made fly me in the sky! love the colors and all the wonderfl details! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. a stunning tag Meihsia...love the bright colours and all the beautiful details...enjoy what's left of the weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag, Meihsia and I adore the colour and all the little details which really bring this to life...gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I really like the white accents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I have to repeat I love your tags with this fresh and crazy colors? They are so optimistic every time, so spring and vibrant. LOOOVE it! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yet another wonderful piece of art! I especially love what you did with the corked vial. As always, you've mixed many elements perfectly!

    ReplyDelete