Monday, June 27, 2016

Mixed Media Tag Love


newchallenge sssm


Hello, my dear crafty friends, welcome back for the new challenge for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week, our designer member, lovely Maura Hibbitts has made a fabulous grid for us to use! Choose a line and use the 3 items in that line, you can also choose a full house option if you’re feeling adventurous! 

I created a mixed media tag using stamps, stencils and sprays. 

Meihsa Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media tag simon says stamp monday challenge 600
I really had fun creating this mixed media tag using Distress Sprays over Tim Holtz Stencil Valentine on the background. To create the texture, I applied the modeling paste over the Simon Says Mosaic Heart stencil using a palette knife.

Meihsa Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media tag simon says stamp monday challenge 3

 There are text patterns stamped with Perfectly Stamper Anonymous on the tag. Before I attached the metal embellishments on the tag, I covered them with Distress Paints and distressed with Colorbox ink pads.

Meihsa Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media tag simon says stamp monday challenge 6

Some Prima Flowers were adhered using Tombow Mono Glue. The edges of this tag were distressed with inks using an Art Dauber.

Meihsa Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media tag simon says stamp monday challenge

I hope you like my creation and got a chance to play this fun challenge with us. Can't wait to see what  you create.

Supply List:

SaveSave





 
mon-challenge-badge

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^

Simon Says Stamp


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Meihsia! Gorgeous texture and colors and I love those flowers!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag, Meihsia! I love the colors, texture, and dimension!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Meihsia, the colours and whole design of this is absolutely stunning! It's like a tropical island on a tag! LOVE it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous, Meihsia! Love the beautiful pinks and blues, and all the trinkets and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, as always! The detail that caught my eye repeatedly was the distressed key + chain. An original touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous tag - the colours are so uplifting and I love the layered background and that brilliant altered key. Thanks so much for welcoming me this month - it's been a joy to play alongside you and this amazing team.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning project Meihsia...you are the queen at fitting so much gorgeousness on a tag...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and as always, I love your mix of elegance and grunge and color. That key is one of my favorite elements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everytime I see your projects I feel happy! Your ability to mix colors is fabulous! As always a wonderful work! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful piece of artwork, Meihsia! The colours of your work always bring a smile to my face and this is just a perfect example! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag, Meihsia! Love the flowers, and the key! Amazing background! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, sweet, pretty and girly. I love the shabby look combined with such a vibrant colors. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete