Monday, May 2, 2016

Mixed Media Home Decor Free Fly



newchallenge sssm


Hello, my lovely crafty friends! This week we are creating something to decorate our homes. It could be a canvas, a wall hanging, a candle holder, coaster, whatever you like! We will be looking forward to seeing what you make! We are showcasing PRIMA PRODUCTS this week. You don’t have to use them to join in.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media canvas Home Decor

I was inspired to create a mixed media canvas for my craft room.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media canvas Home Decor 2

I've collected many beautiful mixed media canvases for my home decoration. This week, I wanted to create another one.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media canvas Home Decor 3

On this burlap canvas, I made the texture on the background with Prima Flowers Modeling Paste and colored it with Tim Holtz Distress Paints.

Some Tim Holtz metal embellishments were attached for more interest.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media canvas Home Decor 1



Simon Says Stamp

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Hope you all have a wonderful day.


Meihsia ^_^


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvas Meihsia, the whole design of this is fabulous! the colors and details are all perfect! LOVE it :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas Meihsia!! Beautiful texture and grungy look, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Meihsia..love the textures and colours, and a coat hanger for goodness sake...lol..the butterflies are beautiful and the little frame...just gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB texture and dimension!! Love it!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome little mixed media piece, Meihsia! I love how you incorporated the hanger right into the project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore how you used your hanger, Meihsia! I have never seen anyone use it this way, how clever!!! Love the design of your piece and all the lovely texture. Amazing! Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful canvas for your craft room...love how you used the hanger...so much texture and gorgeous details...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous hanging, Meihsia! Love the gorgeous frame and the cute butterflies are so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your works are always beautiful, you are incredible to create textures and dimension on your project! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your little canvases, this one is as much amazing as the previous ones. I love the washed colors and all the details. Lovely project. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! As always, the texture you incorporate is just wonderful and I adore the way you've used the hanger, it's ingenious! Lovely project... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always give me great ideas, my clever friend, and I really love the way you incorporated the hanger into the piece. Never seen anything quite like that and thought it was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic canvas Meihsia! And you made me remember that I got that hanger, but haven't used it yet. Love all the wonderful textures.

    ReplyDelete