Monday, April 25, 2016

Mixed Media Tag Journey Destination

newchallenge sssm

Hello, lovely friends, welcome back for the new challenge of the week. I hope you all enjoyed the Earth Day last week. I went to the Earth Day Fair at Dallas and really had fun with my family and friends. For the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp challenge, let's play with the metal. Please simply include a metallic element somewhere on your project! We'd love to see some metal in your creation. 

I am too excited about our coming summer trip and start planning it already.


Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 1

I was inspired to create this mixed media tag with some metal elements and the travel theme. The background of this tag was embossed with
Tim Holtz Texture Fades Embossing Folder and colored with Distress ink pads.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 12

Some metal embellishments and Tim Holtz sentiment stickers were adhered on the tag using Tombow  Mono Liquid Glue. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 3

I distressed these embellishments with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stain and ColorBox Metallic Pigment ink pad. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 4

After covering the tag with Faber-Castell Glitter Gel, I attached the metal embellishments as the final touch. I really love the beautiful metallic and glittered look on this tag, and can't wait to see what metallic element you will include in your project!


Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp 
mon-challenge-badge
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!





I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!


13 comments:

  1. I was so surprised to find a comment box this morning Meihsia and so happy too..love your tag with the textures..colours and design..FABulous.


    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag, Meihsia! I love the color combo!!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tags. I particularly like tags like this one. I really, really like tags with teeny tiny bottles on them. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag! your color combo is one of my favourite! Metal additions are perfect! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great colors and textures on your tag, Meihsia! So many fun things to find on it too, which I hope you will on your summer trips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the color mixed and the embossed background. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the textures and colors on your gorgeous tag, Meihsia. Fabulous! Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Meihsia...your tag is stunning...you created such beautiful colourful texture...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag, Meihsia and I love the colours you've chosen to use...just stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous tag, Meihsia! It's so full of metal and metallic shimmer! Lots to see, Love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME tag! I love the colors and shine on it. Fabulous embellishments too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, I love the unique elements you chose to combine here. You make everything "work" together no matter what it is and that color palette on this one is stunning. It's always fun to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That background is amazing Meihsia! I love the colours and wonderful textures.

    ReplyDelete