Monday, March 28, 2016

Art Journal Wonderful Life

newchallenge sssm

Hi there my lovely friends, I am so happy that you come back for another challenge. At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week, we challenge you to use acetate, vellum,  or anything you can think of that is a little transparent. Or you can use your imagination and think of a different meaning!

I created an art journal page with a beautiful spring scene for this challenge.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper crafts Art journal transparency Tim Holtz Mixed media

Spring is officially here! It's time to go out and play! On my art journal page, I colored the background with various shades of Distress Paints, and created patterns ColorBox Inkpads and Tim Holtz Stamps.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper crafts Art journal transparency Tim Holtz Mixed media 3

The bicycle image was stamped on the transparency film with Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp. I used these transparency films a lot for the covers of my handmade journals. They are perfect to protect the journals. Usually on this kind of non-porous surfaces, I stamp with ColorBox Surfacez Inks.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper crafts Art journal transparency Tim Holtz Mixed media 5

Some Prima Prima Flowers embellishment and sentiment stickers were added to decorate the page.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper crafts Art journal transparency Tim Holtz Mixed media 4

I hope you like this page and create your project with some transparent material or anything you can see clearly - interpret it in your way. Can't wait to see what you will come up with.

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp 
mon-challenge-badge
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!





Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Have a great day and happy crafting!


Meihsia ^_^


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

11 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite projects of yours -- and yes I know that the list is long but not my fault if you are so talented!!!! Love it dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page Meihsia, I love the bicycle, looks absolutely awesome and vivid stamped on the acetate! the flowers and the colours are gorgeous! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Meihsia! I love your bicycle transparency! What a great way to be able to see behind the bike! Gorgeous spring colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!! Just perfectly put together and thought out!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, vibrant creation! I love the colors, layout, everything~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project! Colors are stunning and the bicyle is perfectly stamped on acetate! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful scene showing exactly what is happening outside right now. I love the background and the bike the most! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful journal page...full of beautiful detail and such vibrancy ~ I love it, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning page, Meihsia! The bicycle is amazing! Love the gorgeous colors too! So pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen this TH bicycle stamp and I love it. Have to put that on my list. I'm in love with your journal page. Everything about it is perfect! Cathie

    ReplyDelete