Monday, February 29, 2016

Watercolor Painting and Brush Lettering

newchallenge sssm

Hi, my dear crafty friends, welcome back. It's 2/29. As today is Leap Day, at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we are leaping into the unknown! You choose to use a new technique on your project.  It can also mean a new way of life, getting engaged, married, having a baby, new job, the possibilities are endless! I am looking forward to seeing your creation.

I was inspired to create bookmarks and wall art with watercolors.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Handlettering Watercolor flower

For this week's challenge, I wanted to challenge myself to create some home decor with watercolor painting and brush lettering.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Handlettering Watercolor flower 1

These wall art were painted with Sakura Koi Watercolors and Pentel Aquash Brushes on watercolor paper.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Handlettering Watercolor flower 6

I also created some bookmarks on heavy white cards tock for my planner. I really enjoy watercolor painting and brush lettering. And I found that the only way to make beautiful painting and lettering is practice.                

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Handlettering Watercolor flower 3

Some bookmarks were scanned from the watercolor painting on watercolor paper and printed out on the heavy white card stock.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Handlettering Watercolor flower 2

I hope you got inspired and try some new techniques. Join us this week and leap into the unknown!

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Handlettering Watercolor flower 4

Supply List:




Simon Says Stamp
mon-challenge-badge

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!





I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.



Meihsia ^_^


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!




16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous artwork Meihsia, your watercoloring is beautiful and I love the colors and sentiments :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your wartercolor prcticing! Beautiful and light effect. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning watercoloring and perfect sentiments!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your watercolor flowers. Especially the simplicity of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful, Meihsia! I have been admiring your lettering on IG, and it is fun to see the added flowers and art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous piece of artwork, Meihsia! I love your watercolored flowers and the colors you chose. Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your watercolor painting!!! fantastic work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness you are so talented! Watercoloring from scratch like that is hard enough, but your lettering is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Meihsia, these are amazing!! I love all your flowers and the lettering is absolutely gorgeous. What a great idea to turn them into bookmarks too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are STUNNING! I just love them Meihsia, they are so, SO beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Meihsia! These are absolutely stunning! You're amazing at working with these watercolors! These are fantastic illustrations! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so talented! your watercolor images are fantastic! Fantastic work! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow~ these flowers are outstanding!!! I am so impressed by your endless talent!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are an incredible artist! The more I see your own sketches, the more I think to myself, "That girl doesn't even need to use stamps! She can draw anything on her own!" Really-- you've got some serious skills and I love what you did with these art pieces!

    ReplyDelete