Monday, February 22, 2016

Mixed Media Canvas Here There Everywhere



newchallenge sssm

Hello, crafty friends, hope you all had a great weekend. The weather here in Dallas has been nice and warm. It even feels like spring's here already so we had more outdoor activities and spent some time working in the yard.

For the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we want to see your creation inspired by a song. I was inspired by the song "Here, there, everywhere" and the beautiful spring color scheme, so I created a mixed media canvas for this week's challenge.
Meihsia Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media canvas song

My inspiration was from one of my favorite love song, Here, There, Everywhere, by Beatles. I created the texture on the background of this canvas using Modeling Paste and Distress Paints. I really adore the beautiful texture and the spring colors.

Meihsia Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media canvas song 1

After attaching the metal and Alpha Parts embellishments, I colored them with Simon Says Stamp Dye Inkpad and Distress Paints. Some embellishments were distress using Faber-Castle Pitt Brush Pen.

Meihsia Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media canvas song 2

I randomly added some Tim Holtz rubs texts on the canvas, and some beautiful Prima Flowers were added as the final touch.

Meihsia Liu Simply paper crafts mixed media canvas song 3

Supply List:




Simon Says Stamp 
mon-challenge-badge
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!





As always, I really appreciate that you stop by my blog and look my creation. I hope you enjoy it and got inspired to create something. Thank you!



Meihsia ^_^


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Such a beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas Meihsia, the colours and whole design of this is absolutely FABULOUS and I love that you chose a Beatles song, Brilliant :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose, Meihsia! Such beautiful work and I love how you used the upper and lower cases of Tim's alpha parts! Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet colors mixed together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just happy and sweet and scream spring and love!! Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors...love all the layers and artsy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful mix of media and colors! Such a treat for the eyes!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Stephanie, this project is a treat for the eyes! love colors you used, so rich ! Amazing canvas! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful canvas Meihsia...love the colours and so much gorgeous detail ...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your canvas is totally singing spring to me, Meihsia! from the gorgeous spring colors to the lovely flowers and images you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the colors and textures in this lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this canvas! The technique you used on the back is amazing. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning canvas, Meihsia! Love the pretty color palette! You're amazing in mixed media projects, so much texture and layers. Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this canvas, Meihsia ~ it's just so beautiful and the colours are gorgeous, really clean, fresh and springlike! Love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meishia, your projects are always full of intereesting stuff to discover. Love everything you create <3

    hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely collage and I adore the way it is such a breath of fresh air for Springtime. And a great song to be inspired by, too! The Beatles seem to be able to convey any emotion I'm feeling in life and I loved hearing this song in my mind as I looked at your beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete