Monday, November 9, 2015

N is for Nerd Art Journal


newchallenge sssm

Hello, my dear crafty friends, hope you all had a great weekend. It's been a very busy week to me last week with all the kids' activities and I really enjoyed spending time with them. For this week, let's do something fun, too. At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we challenge you to create something starts with N - ‘N’ is for  Naughty or Nice, Nautical, Navy, New, November, Neutral, whatever you can think of! We will be looking forward to seeing what ‘N’ you use for your crafty project!

I was inspired to create an art journal page with a cute nerd girl.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Nerd Girl 600

I really love the Simon Says Old School Sunglasses Wafer Dies so I decided to create an art journal page with a lovely girl to wear the glasses.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Nerd Girl 2

The background of this art journal page was colored with with Distress Spray Stain and Distress Paints, I stamped some patterns with Distress Paints and then added some randomly images with Tim Holtz Rubs. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Nerd Girl 3

The girl was sketched with Faber-Castell Pitt pens on a piece of paper, and colored with Faber-Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils. I also used Prismacolor pencil white to soften the colors.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Nerd Girl  4

I cut the and adhered the girl image on the page using Tombow Glue. The glasses was die cut with Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Sunglasses Wafer Die and Big Shot, then pasted on the page with Tombow Glue.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Nerd Girl 5

Some Prima Flowers and Tim Holtz Number Rubs were added to finish off this project.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Art Journal Nerd Girl

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp 
mon-challenge-badge
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!





Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment love. Have a great day and happy crafting!



Meihsia ^_^


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!





14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you drew this girl! she is fabulous and I love your take on the 'N' challenge, Nerd would never have occurred to me, this really made me smile :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing is amazing and your colors vibrant and beautiful! Lovely journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so talented, this woman is beautiful, and I love the added die cut glasses and the flowers in her hair. Nerdy and very feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea!! Haha, I love it! I love how you perfectly captured the shine in her hair!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love her!!! I'm off to pin her to my art journal inspiration board. Thanks for the inspiration Meihsia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meihsia, she is a darn lovely nerd girl! Nerds rule, and so does your art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...those glasses are the bomb!!! I can't express how much I heart nerds....I think she's stunning and your talents are just incredible!!!
    Big hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those glasses! They make her look like a school teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nerdy never looked so nifty! And wow- you've got sketching skills, girl! I really like how you made her beautiful even with those geek glasses. Love her earrings and all of the floral accents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your drawing is stunning! You are brilliant! Love the colors and glasses are perfect on this beautiful girl! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Meishia! this art journal page is amazing! Love your drawing! You're so talented and your style is amazing. Her hair is so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Meihsia!! What a stunning drawing and the glasses are perfect. Wonderful background too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This is stunning Meihsia...just stunning! The background is amazing and your drawing is fantastic ~ I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Meihsia! What a fantastic project! Love the burst of color and all the Prima flowers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete