Monday, September 14, 2015

Mixed Media Tag The Journey

newchallenge sssm

This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we want you to share a project that features one of your favorite techniques. I love to create background textures with dry embossing.
Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey

One of my favorite techniques to create textures on mixed media projects is dry embossing. On this tag, I first colored the background with watercolors distressed the edges with Distress Inks and Art Daubers.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 2

I pasted a piece of torn card stock that was dry embossed with Tim Holtz embossing folder and colored with Distress Inks.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 3

Some Tim Holtz metal embellishments  and Prima Flowers resin were added to finish off this tag.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 4

This tag is easy to make and I really love the beautiful dry embossing texture on the background. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 5

Hope you like it and are inspired to create, and join us this week. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Journey 1

Simon Says Stamp









Supply List:



 
mon-challenge-badge






Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!





I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.



Meihsia ^_^


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background texture and the colours are so uplifting. I love the rub-ons and the metal embellishing too - those tassels look fab with the word band.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Meihsia :-) the colours and whole design of this is fabulous! I love the embossed panel and all the details, gorgeous! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely genius, Meihsia! I really love the way your brain works. I'm amazed at how many techniques you've mastered and this is a great inspiration. I love the little touches you always include and on this, I adore that burlap bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tag, Meihsia! I love the layering and embellishments!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Background embossed is fantastic! Great tag! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful texture, and your colors work beautifully...I don't think I would have thought of them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a tag...I know it's a tag, but somehow you've managed to put a whole other world on it! I absolutely love the spellbound way you've captivated with the colors and motion and design.
    Here's me and here's my mind blown!
    Big hugs to Meihsia and happy weekend!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag! The beautiful mix of colors and textures are just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tag! Love the textures you've created and the color combo is perfect! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tag Meihsia and I love the beautiful embossed background ~ just wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete