Monday, September 7, 2015

Mixed Media Tag Adventure Begins

newchallenge sssm 

Hello, my crafty friends, it's time for a new challenge! Whether you use a die cut with coordinating stamp, use a paper punch on a background stamp, or stamp a pre-made diecut shape or alphabet sticker this week we want to see your projects that feature a punch or die cut with a stamp!

I created a tag with my favorite die and background text stamp.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Adventure 1

I was inspired by our summer trip, and created a mixed media tag embellished using Tim Holtz Mini Old Jalopy Die cut with Impression Obsession Beauty Text stamped on it.

To start this project, I created the texture applying modeling paste over Tim Holtz layering stencil on the tag. The background was colored with Tim Holtz Distress Paints and distressed it using a ColorBox Art Dauber

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Adventure 2

Some Tim Holtz metal embellishments and Prima Flowers resin were attached on the tag using Tombow glue. I also added some sentiments with Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Adventure 3

The die cut car was colored with Distress Paint and distressed with ColorBox pigment ink. After stamping with text stamp and Colorbox pigment ink, I embossed the die cut car with Clearsnap Clear Embossing Powder and a heat tool.


Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Adventure 4


The sentiment was stamped on Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon with Clearsnap Crafter's Fabric ink. And I colored the clip with Tim Holtz metallic Distress Paint and embossed it with Clearsnap embossing powder. This completed my mixed media tag for this challenge. Can't wait for our next trip!


Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Adventure 

 Supply List:
 


Simon Says Stamp

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen byRandom Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!


I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^


mon-challenge-badge


Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram

Instagram ssssm

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!


21 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Meihsia :-) the whole design of this is awesome! I had a really good look at all the products you used and have added them to my wish list ;-) I love the little car, so cute :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely AWESOME tag! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely AWESOME tag! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are something else! I love the variety in your art. You can take on every genre and just nail it with perfection. The colors, style, layout, textures and designs are always so unique and inspiring. I absolutely drop my jaw when I visit your blog. Incredibly motivating posts Meihsia!!
    Big hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag! I love the image you use and the way you paired them with the adventure theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meihsia....LOVE your tag. I love blue or anything leaning toward teal and this is so eye catching! I love all of the Tim elements you've used on this to create such a lovely tag that tells a sweet story. The little jalopy with the flowers on it is a sweet touch. Love the Ideaology items. Very creative and pretty. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning. The blue is so vibrant and I love that it's so rich in details. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag Meihsia! LOVE the vibrant color and all the travel pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly amazing! What a bright and lovely way to start a Tuesday morning, especially one that feels like a Monday! Your tag is so amazing, filled to the brim with artful goodness. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tag!! I love the embellishing! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out to be another amazing project! I really love the color palette and I think it's so admirable how you combined a feeling of energy and excitement with this old-time retro feel. The picture you chose could not have been more perfect. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful tag, lovely colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color of your tag is beautiful. The suitcase is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing tag, love this color and texture is fantastic! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this tag is amazing! I adore this blue color! And love the texture! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tag Meihsia! The banner is so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful Meihsia! The colour palette is gorgeous and your embellishments work perfectly ~ a really stunning tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in Aww! fabulous background for this tag and clever use of all Tim's embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag! Love the beautiful color and wonderful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous blue tag! I love all of the detail in it, like the little car. And that photo is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty!! Love the colours, details and the photo is perfect here.

    ReplyDelete