Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mixed Media Tag Ticket

Welcome back, everyone. It's the first day of school today for my kids, and I am so happy that I will have more time to create now. At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, our design team member Sandra challenges us this week to show our tickets. Trains to movies, concerts to planes, stamps to paper – let’s see what you'll create.

I was inspired to create a mixed media tag with some tickets.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Ticket Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 600

This week I decided to use my favorite pattern paper from Tim Holtz Paper Stash Lost and Found collection to create a ticket tag. First, I distressed a #8 manila tag with Distress Inks and ColorBox Art Daubers.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Ticket Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 2

After embossing the ticket pattern using Tim Holtz Embossing Folder on a piece of patterned paper from the same Tim Holtz paper collection, I pasted the embossed pattern on the tag with Tombow glue on the tag.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Ticket Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 3

I added a layer of Faber-Catsll Glaze, and decorated the tag with Tim Holtz Metal Word Band and Idea-Ology Numbers Rubs.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Ticket Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 4

I really enjoyed creating this tag with all these fun techniques and products and hope you are inspired to create, too.
Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Ticket Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 1

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^




13 comments:

  1. Meihsia you balance color and texture like nobody else! This is so amazing - I can only imagine in person! From the cork to the textured ticket - wow! I always look forward to seeing your creations so please do keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich colors you used on this and that mixture of textures is fabulous! Beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Faber Castell glaze really makes it look like metal, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hullo Meihsia,

    Your ticket looks like someone could have lifted it from a museum, its so almost steampunk cool. wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tag!! Really loving the dimension and texture in it :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, Meihsia! All the tickets on it look amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely looks like you had fun Meihsia!! So many amazing ways to incorporate tickets into this little tag. Gorgeous. I really like the clipped tickets and all the remnant rubs you used as accents. But I'm over the moon with the ball chain through the word band. How cool!!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love, love, LOVE this!!!! I'm pinning....
    It's GORGEOUS
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tag, Meihsia. Just spotted it on Pinterest and came over for a look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Meihsia! I love the rich colour palette you've used and the texture is just wonderful on this beautiful tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool ticket Meihsia! Love the different textures, shiny embossed ticket and cool colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this piece! As always, I get such a kick out of seeing all the details you incorporate into your pieces. I adore how you have the chain attached to the metal word plaque. So clever! Lots of layers of goodness here!

    ReplyDelete