Sunday, August 30, 2015

Mixed Media Tag Frame

Hello, my dear blog friends, I am so happy you are back. We just had our first week back to school, and I really enjoyed the quiet time crafting last week. So let's play the new challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - it is to use three colors of ink, paint, or another color medium of the same kind. From distress ink to gelatos, acrylic paint to watercolor pencils – you can pick the medium and the trio. Can't wait to see your creation! 

I decided to make a simple and colorful tag this week, so I picked my favorite colors from my Distress Ink collection.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Frame Be You Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 600

Picked Raspberry, Faded Jeans and Evergreen Bough are the most beautiful colors in Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad collection to me.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Frame Be You Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 2

After stamping and heat embossing the tag with Tim Holtz Cling Stamp and Clearsnap Clear Embossing Powder on the background, I applied these three colors on the tag using ColorBox Art Daubers. The Tim Holtz Alpha Part Frame was attached and I added the colored seam binding ribbon on the tag.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Frame Be You Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 3

I covered the frame with glittered paper and pasted the sentiment with Tim Holtz Label Stickers on it.    Some Tim Holtz metal embellishments and resin roses were glued around the frame using Tombow Glue. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Frame Be You Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 4

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Tag Frame Be You Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp 1 


Supply List:



Join us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and share your project to win the $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!


I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a great week. Happy crafting! 

Meihsia ^_^



15 comments:

  1. Love the design and colours,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love this color combo too Meihsia! They really are fantastic with your black and white elements. Fun stamping on the background ... great idea! What a vibrant tag! Thanks for the inspiration -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and tag! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing tag, love the black stamping over these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Meihsia :-) I love the whole design of this, the colours and 'simple' letters are fabulous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the zingy colour combination - that's fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully colorful and so well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beautiful colors + your talent = wonderful tag! I love it! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag, Meihsia! Love the black contrast to the bright colors!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag, Meihsia! Love the colorful background and the frame is amazing! So cool! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that trio of neon like colors that you used for your cool tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore the message that you highlighted here! And I love how it looks like it's in a mirror since mirrors are where we're often the most hard on ourselves. Beautiful project with a beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag Meihsia! The message is just perfect and I love the combination of colours you've used, they work so, so well together! Stunning work... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tag Meihsia! Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete