Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mixed Media Sketch Book Cover

Hello, everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Probably you have noticed that planners are all the rage these days! At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week, we’d love to see your crafty planner pages, but this challenge can be taken many more ways! It can be a holiday crafting, art journal for the future or a crafty plan.

I plan most drawings and paintings on my canvas cover sketchbook. This week, I decided to decorate the cover with inks and paints.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Canvas Sketch Book Cover Simon Says Stamp1

I always sketch or plan my drawings on this sketchbook before painting.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Canvas Sketch Book Cover Simon Says Stamp 2

This sketchbook contains 220 sheets of 120 gsm paper for acrylics, color pencils and water based markers. The covers is made of primed cotton medium texture canvas. 

Since the front and back boards of this sketchbook have been covered with primed canvas, I applied Izink inks to created the colors and patterns.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Canvas Sketch Book Cover Simon Says Stamp 9

To add layers of images, I stenciled the background with Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and ColorBox Pigment Inks, and stamped with Tim Holtz Stamps and Simon Says Stamp Inks.

I die cut the gears using Tim Holtz die, and the ribbon using Simon Says Stamp Ribbon Wafer Die. All the embellishments were adhered using Tombow Mono Glue. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Canvas Sketch Book Cover Simon Says Stamp

I hope you like my project and are inspired to create a planner using these fun and great products!

Supply List:



Join us Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week, and show us your planner. Simon Says Stamps is giving away a $50 gift voucher and you might also be on our Designer Spotlight on Friday! Good luck!


Thank you again for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful day!

Meihsia ^_^








10 comments:

  1. Like a big bowl of sherbert! Yummy and delicious looking! Love how the colors flow beautifully and the charming effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colorful book cover, so nicely decorated. I haven't yet invested in an art journal book but my instincts tell me it won't be too long before I've got one too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous art planner! I am sure you will smile each time you reach for this lovely book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is inspiring!!! I love, love, LOVE this Meihsia. It's a crafty diary of all things sketched and it's fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning color combination! I love the layering too :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun book cover! Love the idea of a sketch book! I wish I could sketch and draw as amazingly as you! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover, Meihsia! The colors and layers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cover, Meihsia and so much beautiful texture and layering! Gorgeous... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow! I can't imagine what geniusness and beauty reside in the pages of this book! Yay for you on another amazing cover. You're always imagining such lovely things and you have the skills to bring them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cover is wonderful Meihsia and I wish I could have looked inside to see all your sketches. Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete