Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Face Illustration and Guest Member on Donna Salazar Design Team

Hey, my dear friends, it's been a very busy summer therefore I don't really have enough time to draw or paint. However, I got two faces today that I drew probably three or four weeks ago to share with you. Still trying to work on these two pieces and add more details but it seems so hard for me to finish any painting lately.

Both these two pieces are watercolored on canvas paper 6" X 9". I use Sakura Koi Watercolor and Pentel Aquash Brush to color.

girl portrait WIP by Meihsia

To outline the flowers and butterfly on this painting, I use Sakura white Jelly Roll Point Pen. I'd love to know and try if you have any favorite white gel pen to suggest.

girl with butterfly WIP by Meihsia Liu

For more update about my art, please check and join my Facebook page.


And I'd also so excited to share that I was invited to be the guest member of Donna Salazar Design Team and will share my creations in September.

Meihsia Liu Donna Salazar Designs 

  Thank you so much for stopping by and looking my drawing. Have a wonderful day!

Meihsia ^_^





14 comments:

  1. I love using gel pens for accents in my work. Since I also use the gell roll brand, I would be interested in hearing other people's favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using gel pens for accents in my work. Since I also use the gell roll brand, I would be interested in hearing other people's favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Meishia. Happy Friday, sweetie!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful and they look done to me. I mainly use Uni-Ball Signo Gel Impact pen. I get it from Amazon and it comes in a three pen package. It is awesome and writes on anything. You have to write slow with it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suz. I'll definitely try Uni-Ball Gel pen. :D

      Delete
  5. Wow- you're very talented. These are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I really like that second portrait, because of its unusual colored hair and the bold color scheme. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, how beautiful paintings! You paint really well.
    Have a happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both beautiful, and the eyes are the windows to the heart...and they both look like they have a good heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous faces, Meihsia - and such exciting news about the Donna Salazar guest spot - congratulations! I'll look forward to that... hope to be visiting more regularly again by then.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such freshness and beauty in your work, Meihsia. I love how you used hightlights with the white gel pen. I admire your work so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous artwork! Congratulations being part of the design team!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous and a massive congratulations on the guest DT. Thank you for linking to Show Your Face. Kx

    ReplyDelete