Sunday, July 26, 2015

Mixed Media Altered Wall Decor

Hey, my dear crafty friends, welcome back! Our family just had a vacation to Las Vegas and San Diego last two weeks and we really enjoyed it. I hope you all have a great summer so far, too. For the new challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we want to see some special papers - from specialty stamping paper to glitter, corrugated to extra heavy mixed media to tissue – special papers abound! So please use something other than regular patterned paper or cardstock on your page. 

I used some corrugated cardboard and sparkling sheets on my project this week.

Meihsia-Liu-simply-paper-crafts-altered-mixed-media600

The base of this wall decor was the cardboard from the package of Tim Holtz Minis Burlap Panels.

Meihsia-Liu-simply-paper-crafts-altered-mixed-media2

I layered Tim Holtz Textured Surfaces that were all distressed on the background and pasted them with Tombow glue.

Meihsia-Liu-simply-paper-crafts-altered-mixed-media4

The Tim Holtz tapes, stickers and rub-ons were added to decorate this project.

Meihsia-Liu-simply-paper-crafts-altered-mixed-media3

I die cut some embellishments with Tim Holtz 2015 Deco Sheets and layered them with Prima Flower using Adhesive Dots.

Meihsia-Liu-simply-paper-crafts-altered-mixed-media5

To soften the color scheme of this wall decor, I applied Gesso randomly as the final touch.

Meihsia-Liu-simply-paper-crafts-altered-mixed-media

Supply List:



Please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. Have fun!


I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^




14 comments:

  1. Fantastic Meihsia..I love corrugated cardboard..I love the flowers and textures,swirls and tags,,just brilliant.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Meihsia, you keep blowing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the big piece of corrugated cardboard and how you dressed it up with lots of different elements. The look is really beautiful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool!! Love the corrugated board in the back for texture!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the different layers and the grungy feeling. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous piece! I love how you have incorporated the corrugated cardboard into it, it lends such texture to the piece. Your cream and kraft colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The layering in this projects is fantastic! so very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Meihsia! Love the corrugated with the white! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corrugated cardstock and White works
    so well together! Wonderful project! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some fantastic textures going on here and I love the whole Postcard type of vibe that you gave it. Such beautiful subtle details, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always afraid of the sparkly paper and here you have made it so beautifully natural in the midst of your gorgeous canvas! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely piece Meihsia! Love the neutral colours and wonderful mix of surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous Meihsia and I love the contrast of the rough texture of the corrugated card against the sparkle of the Deco Sheets ~ just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! It's so different from the color palette that you usually use, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete