Sunday, July 5, 2015

Love Coffee Mixed Media Canvas

This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we'd love to see you create with coffee or tea theme. Coffee and tea themed stamps, die cuts are so popular now so we challenge you to create with tea staining your paper, leaving a coffee mark on your page, using Tim Holtz new coffee or tea stamps or dies, or being inspired by your own favorite beverage.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Coffee Mixed Media Canvas 11

For the challenge this week, I created a  coffee themed mixed media canvas with my favorite shabby chic style. This canvas wall hanging was created to display in the kitchen for the coffee lover in my family.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Coffee Mixed Media Canvas 2

As always, I prepared this 5" X 7" canvas with a layer of Gesso and heat set it. After applying the Modeling Paste on the background, I colored the canvas with Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain. A piece of ripped Tim Holtz Textured Surface Cork was pasted on the canvas, and the mini burlap canvas was attached on the cork using Tombow Glue. I then decorated the burlap canvas with Prima Flowers Decaf Coffee Break embellishments.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Coffee Mixed Media Canvas 3 

The sentiments were added with Tim Holtz stickers and Prima Flowers embellishments. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Coffee Mixed Media Canvas 4 

Here is my shabby chic coffee themed mixed media canvas. I love the beautiful colors and cute embellishments. Hope you enjoy it, too.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Coffee Mixed Media Canvas 1

Supply List:




Join us this week and share your coffee or tea themed project at  Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeSimon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher  and you might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!



I really appreciate that you stop by my blog. Happy crafting!

Meihsia ^_^



17 comments:

  1. Charming canvas! Lovely mix of pastels, doilies and tea cup and pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELICIOUS canvas Meihsia! You've inspired me with this creation. I LOVE the depth of your elements and the colors and textures and the sentiments. It just oozes fun and a fabulous tribute to my favorite A.M. beverage :) Gorgeous work my friend, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shabby chic canvas, love how you have used those cute Prima embellishments , beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is super creative and beautiful Meihsia!
    THank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful home decor piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet canvas piece! I love the "Love Peace Coffee" sticker... how perfect!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many cups of coffee (or tea) have we shared with family and friends? Your lovely piece makes me contemplate that question. Sweet colors and designs, and love, peace, coffee, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way that you arranged cups and other embellishments!!! Colors are fab as always! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! I love your choice of elements and colors, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous combination of cool coffee things! I really love the eclectic vibe here, yet everything goes together perfectly. Well done, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meihsia...such a cute canvas! Your coffee themed piece is so cute. Love the Aqua Prima flower. So cute stacked on the small burlap canvas. Your little coffee collage to the right is beautifully done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this gorgeous canvas! The burlap with the big flower is so cute! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful canvas with a wonderful mix of texture and colours...it's just gorgeous Meihsia and I LOVE that huge flower, it creates such a fantastic focal point to this piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, I love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific layered canvas--so much fun to discover each element!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous piece! The smaller burlap panel with the bright flower on was a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great canvas! I love the colors. The blue flower works well with the soft touches of pink and yellow. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete