Thursday, June 4, 2015

Art Journal Faces

Today I'd like to share two drawings I am working on this week. I am expecting more activities with kids during the summer but will still keep drawing since I really need to create something from time to time. 

This week, I use the same inks as I used in previous weeks to create the background of this two drawings - ColorBox Smooch Spritz. For coloring the images/faces, I mixed different brands of watercolor products that I got from Simon Says Stamp - Sakura Koi Watercolors, Winsor NewtonPeerless Bonus Pak Small Labeled PBP. I just grabbed whatever color that I could use near me that works for the drawing.

Faces Illustration WIP by Meihsia Liu

The outline of these images was drawn with Sakura Pigma Micron and Faber-Castell PITT artist pen. The orange hair on the second girl was outlined with Gelly Roll white pen. 

Faces Illustration WIP by Meihsia Liu


Please check my Facebook page for more of my artwork. I am linking my post on PPFArt It Friday and AJE. Hope you enjoy my illustration and thank you so much for dropping by. Happy painting!!

Meihsia ^_^



14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your illustrations? They are absolutely fantastic - I especially love the wonderful steampunk lady, she is amazing Meihsia! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, they are both stunning Meihsia....beautiful..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could easily turn these images into well selling digis, they're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooow! Your Steampunk ladies look amazing. Absolutely fantastic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are adorable!
    Great women -portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Meihsia!
    Happy PPF!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art, so bright and beautiful! Happy PPF ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your portraits are wonderful. You would be very welcome to link to Art Journal Journey, masculine and feminine! http://art-journal-journey.blogspot.de/ Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. such fabulous illustrations!! I admire your talent for using watercolors-something I need so much practice with. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is always glorious!! Really gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome work, they are very inspiring, I'm looking forward every week to see them.

    Happy Saturday, sweetie!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your steam-punk girl and the lady with orange hair. I expect I've told you this before, but I just love all the imagination you put into your work. I always feel inspired after visiting your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally love! I can see them this week too :) Don't know why I couldn't see last week! But gorgeous work. Thanks so much for linking up on Show Your Face this week and for shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete