Sunday, June 14, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Flowers

Hello, crafty friends, I hope you all had a great weekend. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we challenge you to create with "Paste" - from texture paste to paste-like paints, molding paste to gesso so heavy it reminds me of paste – it is all things paste.

I created a mixed media canvas with pasted textures on the background.


Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Canvas Modeling Paste

Modeling Paste is used on most of my mixed media projects and I really love to create textures with it. To start this project, I first applied a layer of Gesso on this 6" X 6" canvas using a brush.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Canvas Modeling Paste 2

I stenciled the background of this canvas with Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Cargo and Modeling Paste using Faber-Castell tools, then colored the texture with various shades of Distress Spray Stain and Distress Paint. The clock face was die cut and attached on the dry stenciled background using Tombow glue.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Canvas Modeling Paste 3

Some Prima Flowers and Tim Holtz Collage Key were layered and glued to finish off my creation. I also dabbed some Gesso with Clearsnap Art Dauber randomly on the background, edges and embellishments on this canvas.



I hope you like my creation and are inspired to create something with "Paste". Join us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge to win a  $50 gift voucher from Simon Says StampYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Can't wait to see what you will make.
Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful day and happy creating!

Meihsia ^_^





15 comments:

  1. Beautiful,lovely ,design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing dimensional piece, it looks stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! The texture here is amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING Meihsia..why don't mine turn out like this..gorgeous colours and textures...just beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic art, Meihsia!!! I love the blended yellows and greens, oh so beautiful :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous canvas. So much wonderful texture and great colors- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous creation!! The textures and dimension on this canvas are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This such a fabulous canvas! The flowers look amazing and the texture is so beautiful! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super gorgeous texture and colors on your canvas, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite pieces of yours! I love how you blended the colors from the two halves like you did. It creates an incredible color palette and I always like to see how you blend elegant and rusty elements so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic canvas Meihsia!! I love the wonderful textures in the background and gorgeous colours. Great use of the clock die cut and the key.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ~ this is just beautiful Meihsia! The colours are just divine and I love all the layering and the texture! A really fabulous piece of artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Canvas! The richness of the texture with the bold colors... Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rich textures and magnificent color palette make your artsy piece just exquisite. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your creation of an array of textures is outstanding. I also like the variety of pieces you layered, coupled with the colors you selected.

    ReplyDelete