Sunday, May 10, 2015

Love Life Art Journal

This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, there is just one rule: Use any one Simon Says Stamp brand stamp, stencil, ink pad, cardstock, die, or kit on your project! Just let us know what Simon brand exclusive product you used in your creation.

I was inspired to create an art journal page with my favorite stencil, stamp and dies from Simon Says Stamp.



On this art journal page, I used Stencil Mosaic HeartFeather Craft Dies,  and Life Family Love Craft Dies. To start this page, I applied Gesso and Distress Paints on the background.


I especially love the new Falling Stars Cling Stamp so I stamped it on the background and embossed the stars with Ranger Embossing Powder Gold.


The heart was stenciled with Modeling paste and colored with Distress Paints. I decorated it with die cut sentiment, feathers and Prima Flowers embellishments. 


Some Tim Holtz Rubs were added randomly on the page to finish off this project. I hope you like it!


Supply List:




Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge using any Simon brand product.

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia  ^_^

16 comments:

  1. Hello Meihsia,
    This is very colourful; a happy page and so full of life.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Meihsia...gorgeous colours and textures..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, all the gorgeous details, and I love the colours and textures. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING page!! The colors! The texture! Oh my!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous journal page! The colors are delightful and love the heart with the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is so joyful, what fun it must have been to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your journal pages they are so rich and there are so many layers, but they never seem muddled to me, you maintain a real brightness and vividness of color. Love that heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, more of your eye-appealing art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Meihsia....thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. It's been forever since I've spent some serious time blog hopping. I've been checking out your last couple of posts and as always, your art is awesome. This journal page is really nice! I love the bright colors but I especially like the white areas with the text peeking out. That really sets up a great contrast for your brilliant red/pink blends and that gorgeous textured teal heart. Love that! Love the "feathers" hanging from either side as well. This is a very pretty page. I also am really impressed with your drawings on your most recent text. Beautiful work! I'm just getting into wanting to draw faces and use them in my journaling. Scary stuff! But yours are amazing! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, the colour combination and the textures are just delightful and I adore your artwork, Meihsia, it's just so unique and so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mixed Media at it's finest! So beautiful, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an amazing page! Love the indian vibe! So colorful! The heart with the feathers look like a gorgeous dreamcatcher! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another amazing journal page Meihsia. The mosaic heart looks absolutely wonderful here and I love the colours and beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! You are not only the Queen of Color, but are also the Queen of Texture! I love how all of this mixes and meshes so beautifully. I also really like how the blue heart is the focal point, yet it looks great with the rest of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this project! Everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete