Thursday, May 14, 2015

Faces and Illustration on Art Journal

Hello, everyone, I hope you all enjoy the spring season. Today I'd like to share some illustration/faces   I drew this week. As usual, I created the background using ColorBox Spritzers and all the illustrations were done with watercolor. I am having fun drawing the faces but don't have time for the details on these pieces. Hopefully, the details will be done soon. Here are the three faces I painted this week. 

The first piece was inspired by Sandro Botticelli's The Birth of Venus. I gave her a cupcake with a cherry on top. Will do more details on her hair and background. 

Illustration by Meihsia Liu 

The second and third WIP are just as the other imaginary girls I love to draw in my art journal. I always love crazy hair. 

Illustration by Meihsia Liu 

Illustration by Meihsia Liu

For more paintings I am doing, check my Facebook page. I am linking this post to PPFArt It Friday and AJE.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my work. Happy painting!

Meihsia ^_^


25 comments:

  1. Wow!! love this, Meihsia, all are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fabulous paintings...so creative! I, too, love the hair...stunning!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Meihsia,
    Oh Yes I do enjoy your work, your faces are wonderful, your journal must look amazing by now.
    I love all three creations.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your illustrations are wonderful! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Meihsia, what an artist you are! These are amazing, so much expression in their faces, just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are all just gorgeous Meihsia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work as always! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Picking jaw up of floor, i LOVE each of your faces, they have so much expression and their hair is amazing. New Follower as i don't want to miss any of your drawings :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh beautiful faces,especially the first one,absolutely stunningly drawn and painted
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meishia, your work is superb! I love how you gave Venus a cupcake! Everything about your portraits is simply beautiful. I love their hair and your accomplished use of watercolour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great paintings... and I just LoVe the Venus with a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing work as always Meihsia!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Meihsia! First time that I have seen your work! It's just beautiful! I love crazy hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your art always impresses me, but your drawing is beyond fabulous!!!! Venus's face is so like the real thing! The fact that you did these on watercolored splatter backgrounds is just amazing! PINNED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! These are gorgeous! The Venus looks amazing, I knew who she was right away and that last girl, just such an intriguing expression!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally stunning! You knock my socks off! Loving coming over to catch up with your art I'm so glad you are linking to Art It Friday - Show Your Face, just fabulous inspiration. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally beautiful girls love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your artwork is so beautiful! You're so talented!
    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful illustration, Meihsia! Love all the beautiful faces. Great job!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW and WOW again! You are an incredible artist Meihsia. All three are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have much envy of your drawing skills! Absolutely stunning and so very inspirational. I will be back again soon Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, amazing art work, Meishia. I so look forward to see what you come up with. The flowing background colours give a dramatical effect.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete