Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mixed Media Art Journal Compass

Hi, my lovely crafty friends, I hope you all had enjoyed your weekend. The weather is getting warm. Our family really enjoys the great weather, and spends more time in the garden and outdoor sports. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we challenge you to create something inspired by "DUE DATES" - libraries, date stamps, craft assignments, a new baby or school assignment, I can't wait to see your interpretation.

I was inspired to use a date stamp on my art journal page.


I love using date stamp to document life. On this art journal page, after coloring the background with Distress Spray Stain and water mixture, I stamped the date with American Crafts Dear Lilly Date Stamp.

There are more dates and numbers were added using Tim Holtz Idea-ology Numbers Remnant Rubs.

The compass was stamped, die cut and assembled with three layers to make the dimension using Sizzix Framelits Compass Blueprint Die And Stamp Set.


The rope was stamped using 2015 new Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp. The letters on the background were stenciled with Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Modeling Paste. I colored the letters using Distress Stain Ink Metallic.



I hope you like this art journal and get a chance to create your next project with these awesome products. 



Supply List: 




Join us and create a project inspired by "DUE DATES". Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift card. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Have fun!

I really appreciate that you stop by and leave your comment love. Happy crafting!

Meihsia ^_^

15 comments:

  1. Hello Meihsia,
    Fantastic colours here, and great elements. The page is beautiful.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting theme and I absolutely adore what you did here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! The way you hung the noose off of the compass is so beautiful. Lovely inspiration journalling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page, Meihsia! These colors just POP off the page!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came over from SSS to tell you how much I enjoyed your journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project! When I saw it at SSS I had to come over and take a closer look. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page. Love it. I'm inspired to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page, Meihsia! Love the explorer travel theme! So pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors are so rich and vibrant. Very pretty, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each week I want to see what wonders you will create! Your works are truly wonderful sights to eyes! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. COOL page!!! I LOVE the compass and the rope hanging from it! Awesome colors! Makes me want to go on vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your use of colour is always so impressive, I love everything about this gorgeous page Meihsia! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning colour palette and design and I love your compass. Tracy z z z

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a stunning page Meihsia and I love all the details that you've included in it and the wonderful, vibrant colour palette ~ stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You thought of so many clever ways to incorporate dates in this! As always, after I see your amazing projects, I want to go fill my cart up with all of the supplies you listed! Bad for the wallet, but great for my inspiration, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete