Sunday, April 5, 2015

Dare to Dream Art Journal Bird Cage

Hello, everyone, thank you for joining me for another challenge of Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeApples, amethyst, April flowers, and art come to mind right off the bat, but for this challenge anything A inspired would be fabulous! Will you create with Avery Elle stamps? Use some American Crafts products? Perhaps you have an art stamp that is in need of use… join us and share your "A" inspired project. 

I decided to use different "adhesives" to attache the embellishments on my art journal page.



Usually I use Gesso or Glue Runner Adhesive to adhere embellishments on my art journal page. On this page, I use Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue to attach the die cut bird cage. The stamped bird and die cut leaves were attached using 3D Foam Squares.



The cloud was cut using Simon Says Stamp Exclusive die and the sentiment was stamped using Tim Holtz Rubber stamp and Memento Black ink pad. 


The bird was colored with Distress Paints and a brush. I also embossed it with ColorBox embossing powder. Use 3D Foam Squares to attach these dimensional embellishments. 


Use Tim Holtz die to cut the bird cage, and apply Distress Paint for color and crackle paint to make the texture. Glue the bird cage with Tombow Glue.


The leaves were Distressed with Distress Paint and embossed with ColorBox Embossing Powder.


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. Join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia  ^_^




18 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal page, Meihsia. Embossed and textured leaves, bird and cage looks stunning. Love this idea, thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meihsia,
    Love this page, the bird is fabulous.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the bird is looking up at the clouds and sun and seems to be contemplating his dreams. Beautiful journal page full of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous journaling page Meihsia..love the bright colours and the little bird nestled in the leaves..fabulous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty combination of sunset colors and I love the texture you added to the little birdie :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a really delightful , sunny page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous journal page, Meihsia! Wonderful background and lovely bright colors! And, just love the darling bird!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning art journal page! Love the crazy bird and the bold colors! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout and colors really work and I am drawn to the eyes of that bird looking up. What a great way to emphasize daring to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This page is fantastic! Bird crazy is amazing and i love much the colors you've used, so rich and bold! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous Meihsia! Your use of colour always amazes me and this is so bright and beautiful and I adore the addition of the birdie, it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this the colors are so bright and fun. I love this bird and think I need to get this bird set. I have the cage but never use it. Now I see it would be perfect for a fun project. Thanks for sharing it and making me WANT!!. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet scene and such an important "A" for paper crafters and artists! Without adhesive, nothing would come together to make such wonderful projects! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful page, Meihsia. The vibrant colors are pure sunshine. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Meihsia! Love the bright colours and your wonderful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun and creative Meihsia! You always brighten my day with your vibrant color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This piece was so clever and I love how those leaves turned out. The bird really pops so beautifully and those three guys in the sky were the best!

    ReplyDelete