Sunday, March 22, 2015

Stamp in Different Ways Butterfly Art Journal

Hey, my dear crafty friends, it's time for a new theme at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Do you have stamps that are versatile? That can be used many ways? This week we challenge you to use a stamp multiple ways on the same project or use the same stamp in different colors or ways on multiple projects!

I had fun to play my butterfly stamp in different ways on my art journal page.


I was inspired to create this art journal with different ways using Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp Watercolor Butterfly. For the background I watercolored some images with Distress Mini Ink Pad, and embossed some images with ColorBox Petal Point Pigment Inks and Clearsnap Clear Embossing Powder. The dimensional butterfly embellishments were stamped and embossed on the canvas fabric.

This is the embossed butterfly using Colorbox pigment ink and clear embossing powder.


To create the watercolored butterfly, I inked the stamp with Distress Mini Ink Pad, spritzed it with water then stamped the image on the journal page. 


The butterflies on canvas fabric were stamped with Colorbox Crafter's ink, and colored with Distress Inks and a brush pen.


I hope you enjoy my project and use your favorite stamp in different way to create your next project.


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia  ^_^





14 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, Meihsia, this makes me happy :) . Love your three different techniques to use one butterfly stamp three ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meihsia,
    You are inspiring me to try and use brighter colours, I am too dark these days....This is a very pretty page, love, love the runs in your paint.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun bright colors in your journal cover! This is fantastic!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is wonderful Meihsia, the mix of colours and styles look so beautiful. I love the Spring-like feel to the page! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative use of the embelli-bodies and I ♥ that spigot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this page is so colorful and pretty! Love the butterflies! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the explosion of color that I always find in your blog! I love your use of yellow! Fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was nearly bouncing out of my chair with all the textures and colors and I think you chose the perfect variations of materials to use your stamp in different ways. This journal page is fabulous and I'm with Onion (Sue) love the runs of color on your page, but then again, you know I love everything you make!!
    hugs and happy weekend Meihsia.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Meihsia ~ this is wonderful and so bold and colourful! A beautiful piece of artwork, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page Meihsia! Love the vibrant color scheme and all the pretty butterflies fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your skillful use of color really shines through on this project. Beautiful work, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page Meihsia! I so love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super clever and I love all the bright happy colors. I liked learning about which inks worked best on which mediums (especially canvas), so thanks for the details and descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those butterflies! SO many beautiful butterflies in so many pretty colors. fabulous journal page!

    ReplyDelete