Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Dog

Hey, my dear crafty friends, here's the challenge theme for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week: "Lions and lambs, oh my! " From cute Lawn Fawn critters to animal print stamps, collaging images of your favorite animals to scrapbooking a photo of your pet – Join us and share how animals inspire you this week.

I was inspired to create a canvas with the photo of my first pet.


Although I've had many different family pets since I was a little girl, Ding Dong was my very first own pet, and I still remember how excited I was when I first saw her. She's a very beautiful West Highland white terrier. This photo was taken when she was 8 weeks old.


I stenciled the background with Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Prima Flowers White Sand Texture Paste, and colored it with Distress Paints. The die cut butterflies was colored with Distress Piants then covered with Prima Flowers Crackle Paste.

   

All the embellishments were also colored with Distress Paints and distressed with Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens. 

To attach the embellishments on the canvas, I used Tombow Glue. 



This canvas is now on the shelf in my craft room. I really love the bright and delightful colors and the cute photo of Ding Dong.

Supply List:



Join us and share your animal inspired project. Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. Good luck!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy your day and happy crafting!

Meihsia ^_^




16 comments:

  1. Sweet project. Love the framed little fur baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of Ding Dong, she is just the sweetest looking little puppy ever! You have showcased her beautifully with your absolutely stunning canvas Meihsia, it really is gorgeous! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful showcase for Ding Dong! The bright happy spring colors are gorgeous and the metal latch inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A timeless keepsake! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Meihsia,
    First of all I just love the name 'Ding Dong' and you have set her in this canvas beautifully,what a perfect way to hold the memories of her.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! Love the bold color choices you went with to create it :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool, Meihsia! Love the colorful canvas of your dog Ding Dong! She is adorable! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure cuteness Meihsia! What an adorable dog! Love the beautiful bright and colorful color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously....the most precious, fun and wonderful tribute to a cute and adorable furry friend. I just LOVE this so much Meihsia!
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! your mixed media art is always fabulous! Stunning! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous, Meihsia! Love the bright colors and fun embellishments with your furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute photo Meihsia and I love her name. Gorgeous canvas with wonderful bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project Meihsia and such a wonderful keepsake of your cute little friend! I love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello gorgeous project! Awesome awesome color and design! Just so crazy fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love how this turned out! So clever to include the tube of glitter and I really like how you put the wheel on top. Your projects are always wonderfully unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your color choices. Always so delightful! Great project, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete