Sunday, March 8, 2015

Art Journal B is for Butterfly

This week, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge challenges you to create a project inspired by "B".
Birthdays, blue, Basic Grey, and balloons are just a few things. Please use this letter as inspiration and share with us what B stands for in your crafting!

I was inspired to create an art journal page with beautiful butterflies.


Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp 2015 Watercolor Butterfly is so beautiful that I have to use it on my art journal right after I received it.

I first applied Distress Spray Stain mixed with water to make the background. Some patterns were created with the Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Distress spray paints, and some were stamped with Tim Holtz rubber stamp and ColorBox Pigment Inks.


I stamped the butterflies with ColorBox Pigment Inks and embossed them with Clearsnap Clear Embossing Powder. 


The flower was stamped using Garden Flower Rubber Stamp 2015 and the sentiment was made with Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp 2015 Live with Your Dream.



The flower was colored using Distress Ink and brush pen.



I hope you like my art journal page and inspired to create your next project with these awesome products.

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 so please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful day.

Meihsia ^_^




16 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page, Meihsia. Such vibrant, pretty, Spring colors. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page Meihsia! The butterflies look fantastic! So fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vibrant page with beautiful flowers and butterflies. The eye is striking too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful B inspiration Meihsia!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work, Meihsia! I love the dimensional effect of the butterflies :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mixed media work hit my eyes! Colors are vibrant and the design is amazing! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful-and I love the eye peeking from the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful! Perfect sentiment! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful journal page! Love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful journal page Meihsia! I always admire your colour palettes and this is just a fabulous vibrant combination, which works so well with the stamped elements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors on this page. Butterflies are one of my fave creatures and yours are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is oh-so-pretty and I love your color palette. Your work is always softly beautifully blended, yet every piece sings with energy! Really like this one MEGA lots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a pretty page, Meihsia, but then that eye just causes a moment's pause, watching over things - haunting!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are clever to think of hiding the eye behind the butterfly. I have a few face stamps but have run out of ideas on how to use them. You have really inspired me with this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool, Meihsia! Love the pretty color palette and the butterflies are so beautiful! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete