Sunday, February 8, 2015

Art Journal - With Love

Hey, my lovely blog friends, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. This week is Valentine's week, at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we challenge you to use pink and red color combo. It's not necessarily to be inspired by the spirit of the holiday, but rather the traditional colors associated with it. You’re welcome to use both together, other Valentine’s type colors, or even your favorite color palette that incorporates one or both of these colors.

I used red and pink along with a yellow color scheme to create an art journal page.



I decided to combine yellow with traditional Valentine colors on my art journal page this week.
The background was sprayed with Dylusions Pure Sunshine Ink Spray and stenciled with Tim Holtz Layering stencil.


The Tim Holtz Ornate Plates and Tim Holtz Mini Die Cut Hearts were covered with Gesso then colored with Distress Paint.



The background image is Tim Holtz Elements Remnants Rubs. The sentiment was stamped with Tim Holtz Cling Rubber stamp and Memento black ink pad. 



Both hearts were colored with Distress Paints and covered with the crackled paint. I distressed the edges of these two hearts with Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens. 





There were some more metal embellishments attached on this page. 


I really love this warm color scheme for my Valentine's project and hope you are inspired to create some beautiful project with this color scheme, too.


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful and sweet week.

Meihsia ^_^




19 comments:

  1. This palette is wonderful and you've used for an incredible Art page! Especially I adore the hearts and the background! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love how you used the Idea-ology products on this page Meihsia! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page, Meihsia! The embellies are amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Meihsia,
    Adding Yellow to your passionate Red palette brings sunshine and happiness to this page; it is lovely and beautifully designed.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Meihsia, this is so lovely... Great work, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous cover! I love how you blended in yellow to the red/pink theme! Very cheery and pretty :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Love how everything is outlined in black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work of art Meihsia! Wonderful mix of stamps and color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so beautiful with the warm colors and great detailing, and the hearts have a nice glossy look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You never failed to WOW me with your genius work of ART!!! This art journal is so beautiful Meihsia! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are simply AMAZING Meihsia!
    I adore your AJ!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  12. The strong contrast of light and dark makes this very powerful. I especially like the highlights you applied to the heart shapes and the bee (of course ☺).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meihsia...your art is always so inspiring and amazing! I thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I am sorry that I don't make the rounds nearly as often as I should...but that doesn't mean that I don't see your beautiful art and am always in awe of your work. This art journal cover is so striking. I love the soft yellows and the red contrast. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunning journal page with so many interesting elements! I thought it was so clever of you to color the hardware red and put a strip of measuring tape behind it. LOVE that and also liked the addition of yellow. Seems like no matter what challenge we're issued, you do an incredible job every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colour palette and detail on this page is just wonderful and there is just so much to look at ~ amazing work as always, Meihsia and I absolutely love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous page! I love that you added the yellow to the color scheme as it really added the zing! The hearts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cover! My favorites are the hearts with the shading and stamped and painted details! They are just wonderful and with the yellow background, it just makes it even more fabulous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete