Sunday, February 15, 2015

Art Journal Paradise

Hey, lovely crafty friends, I am so happy you are back. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we'd invite you to share your creations and be inspired from a blissful place - your personal happy place and paradise. Probably you are dreaming of sandy beaches and the sound of ocean waves, or you’re inspired by a tropical shore, exotic travels. Maybe you simply want to play around with a new technique and be in a crafter’s paradise this week. Join us and have fun!

I was dreaming of the sunny beach and inspired to create an ocean themed art journal page.


The beach on a sunny day is always my paradise since I grew up in Tawian, a beautiful island surrounded by the Pacific Ocean.


I watercolored the background of this art journal page with Clearsnap Izink inks, and stenciled the patterns with Heidi Swapp Color Shine and ColorBox Art Screens.



The images were stamped with Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints Nautical Stamps and heat embossed with ColorBox Clear Embossing Powder.



There are some Tim Holtz and Prima Flowers metal embellishments were attached on this page using Tombow glue. 



Some glitters were sprinkled on the cheese cloth to create the sparkle. 


I really enjoy the beautiful sunshine and the blue ocean on this journal page and hope you are inspired to create your paradise on your project.

Supply List:




Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^






19 comments:

  1. Cool effect with those dangling images! Love this idea so clever and beautiful! Gorgeous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Meihsia,
    I am in love with this colors and textures and the whole composition!
    Glad that I found your wonderful blog - became a new follower here.
    Thank you for visiting me and your nice comment ♥


    xxx
    Susi

    FROEBELSTERNCHEN
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design Meihsia. Love the llittle chains especially and your amazing layering effects. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty Meihsia. I would imagine that the beach or waterfront would be a paradise for many. You certainly captured the colors of those gorgeous places I've only seen on TV where people snorkel for exotic underwater life. Beautiful work and very inspiring for this week's challenge. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Meihsia..I love the colours and stamped background and the discs with the words are fabulous..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page! LOVE the sea life and the hangers and just the whole way you arranged everything! Awesome color too! Are you going to the Expo this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful art journal page Meihsia! Love the beautiful and bright color palette! All the beachy themed stamps look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Meihsia! Love the colors and the beach theme! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just love this art journal page. Thank you for explaining the process. I recently started an art journal. I lived in Florida for 25 years and moved to another state against my wishes. Now I want to do a FL page in my journal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunning cover! I just love the combo of these blues and greens! So lovely!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This journal page is stunning! Love that combination between blue, green and yellow and the shades you used are gorgeous!


    End of lease cleaning Bromley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great journal page! i love your style, this page is so vibrant, rich, love every little detail! Stunning! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Meihsia!! Love the vibrant colours of the background, all the texture and the Philosophy tags have never looked better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic page Meihsia and I adore the vibrant colours you've used and all the little details you've incorporated to make this a wonderful piece of paradise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You WoW me!! This is beautiful!!! Loving the colors too! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous piece! I really like how you made the lovely beach images "dangling" from your monocles. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - a really stunning page. The inky effects on the watercolour paper are just fabulous, and I love the monocle bubbles with the images dangling from them - brilliant, brilliant page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quite stunning! It does indeed, remind me of the ocean with the pretty circle bubbles. Beautiful!
    Also....I've been seeing your gorgeous lettering on Pinterest. So pretty! I hope you'll share more.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Formosa(Taiwan) is a "beautiful island"! I love your art journal page! It's full of sunshine. I love my country(Taiwan) too!!

    ReplyDelete