Sunday, February 1, 2015

Art Journal - Home

Hello, my dear crafty friends, happy February! For the new theme at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week, we want to see your project inspired by the letter "H"- hearts, hexagons, heat embossing, Hero Arts, Heidi Swapp, there are plenty of ways to let this week’s letter challenge inspire you!

I was inspired to create an art journal page with a "h"ome theme.



I made this art journal page because H is for home to me. As on most of my art journal pages, I apply a layer of Gesso on the background before any other color product.


"H"eidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine,  my favorite spray, was used on the background along with Distress Paint.


I glued some Tim Holtz metal embellishments and Prima Flowers die cut flowers to decorate the page.



The shading and distressing on the embellishments were created with Faber-Castell Big Brush Pen. 


I love the gorgeous Prima Flowers die cut flower. The cheese cloth added dimension and interest on this page. 



Supply List: 



Join us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge to win a gift voucher from Simon Says StampHave fun!
Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! ^_^

Meihsia







15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors, page and design! I have a page in my new journal inspired by your use of colors and can't wait to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover, Meihsia! I love the pinks & oranges together... very springy :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Meihsia! This is so gorgeous! Love your style very much! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Meihsia! Love the pretty color palette that you used and all the fun embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Meihsia
    Thank you for calling into by blog and saying hello .Wow you have been busy being artistic . You create beautiful pieces with vibrant colours and fabulous embellishing .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meihsia! This week when I saw your project over at the SSS Monday Challenge blog, I was excited to see the details of your project. I love everything about this page! I thought you chose a great color palette and all the metal embellishments adds great texture to your page. So very creative and inspiring! I look forward to see your next project for your art journal! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Meihsia, this is GORGEOUS! I love the striking colors and your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice page, love the pink, yellow, orange- it looks so good together, who knew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors and black graphics with it. Great texture.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Love your color palette and all the perfect details in your piece! BArbarayaya .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous page Meihsia!! Love the colours, and all those gears with the cool shading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colours, beautiful page and a fabulous design ~ I adore it, Meihsia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is simply stunning!!!!!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is incredible! I especially like how the "Home" letters turned out. Every time I see one of your pieces, I want to make wallpaper out of it! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete