Sunday, January 18, 2015

Winter Art Journal

We finally have some sunshine these two days after the freezing cold weather for more than two weeks. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we have a "Winter Stamping" challenge - Winter isn’t just coming – it’s fully here! With the holidays behind us and spring seeming so far away, let’s focus on the season at hand. Will you stamp a snowy scene? Try a new use for a snowflake stamp? Perhaps be inspired by the colors of winter in your ink choices… however you decide to get stamping, we hope you’ll join in the challenge and share".

I was inspired to create a winter scene with a snowman on  my art journal page.



I'd love to have a snow scene on my art journal page since there was no snow this winter in Dallas even the temperature has been really low, and I really missed stepping on the snow.


First, I watercolored the background with Distress Spray Stain mixed with water. Then I stamped the snow flakes using Tim Holtz cling rubber stamp and Gesso.


The sentiments were added using Tim Holtz Rub on stickers.




I stamped the snowman using Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamp Halftone Christmas and and Memento black ink. Then I created the snow using Modeling Paste.


The "hello friend" sentiment was stamped using Tim Holtz cling rubber stamp and Memento black ink and distressed using Distress ink and Clearsnap Art Dauber.


I hope you like my journal page and got inspired to create something with winter stamping. 

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator.  Join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

Thank you for dropping by. Stay warm and happy crafting.  ^_^

Meihsia






25 comments:

  1. Wow! The colors are brilliant!!! Nicely done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy snowy scene! The colors are so beautiful which is what I always think of when I think of your art. The bright blend of colors. Snowman is delightful! I also love how you show your journal pages and you can see the peeks of the other pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is absolutely fantastic, Meihsia! Lovely desing and colors.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page! Love the pink added! So beautifully messy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic page Meihsia..I love the colours and thick snow..fabulous snowman and the rub on text is stands out perfectly on the wonderful background..love it.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is so beautiful, Meihsia! Love the pink with all the blue tones! So very pretty! And your snowman is really cute! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning journal cover! Your background colors are among my favorites!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular Art Journal page! All in your work is incredible, colors, design .... It's so vibrant! I love it so much! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure winter magic with beautiful wording.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome color combos! It's snowing words ☺ - super fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this fun and frosty scene! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book cover looks fantastic, I love how the colors blend together and the snowy look. It's so beautiful and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work as always Meihsia!
    Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty Meihsia! Love the beautiful winter wonderland scene that you created! Makes me want to go on a winter ski trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous and fun scene! LOVE the purple hues too...wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Meihsia,
    Great looking page, it is hard for me to think about snow as we are having gorgeous sunny days here in NZ. However, I love your design and palette as always Meihsia.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and sweet, I love all the layers and yet it still has a very crisp clear feel to it, what a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely layering of colors and textures. I'll bet you had a lot of fun creating it. Keeping my fingers crossed you might get a little snow…just for fun. It's happened before there…!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This page is absolutely fabulous and so, so pretty Meihsia and I adore all the layering of textures and colours ~ it's just wonderful work, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful wintery page Meihsia!! Love all the textures and the colours and of course that happy snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun page. Just loved how you blended all the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The texture here really caught my eye. Great project, Meihsia! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always adore the way you play with color and make everything vibrant! This added some real energy to the winter theme and the snowman made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is simply gorgeous! I adore that happy, little snowman, and your background is stunning! Thanks so much for the happy birthday wishes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete