Sunday, January 11, 2015

Inky Background - Art Journal

Hi, everyone, I am so happy to have you join us with a new challenge here and at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week, our talented designer, Anna-Karin, proposed an inky background challenge. Will you create a messy effect? Do some distress stamping? Directly apply inky to your background? We hope to see your creation with your favorite inky background. 

This week, I was inspired to created a colorful background with various inks.


I just love to play all kinds of inks on my art journal page. To create this inky background, I sprayed Dylusions Ink Spray on the watercolor paper, then sprayed some water and Distress Spray Stain Picket Fence to soften the colors.


The edges of this page were distressed using Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Clearsnap ColorBox Art Dauber. The images were stamped using Tim Holtz cling rubber stamps and Distress Pants.


To add the sentiments, I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs.



Hope you enjoyed my art journal page, and get a chance to play with these awesome inks to create your inky background. 


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you enjoy your day!

Meihsia ^_^



19 comments:

  1. Your page is incredible! An explosion of color and energy! Great work! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS vibrant play with colours, Meihsia! What a feast for the eyes. LOVE it!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journaling Meihsia. Juicy bright colours - yum!♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inky backgrounds always amaze with the bright bold colors that look so beautiful together! Lovely journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Journal page Mei!
    You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous colour combo Meihsia and love the textures and stamping..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool page, Meihsia! Love the vibrant pink with the yellow! So much depth! Fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with this, Meihsia! This is so gorgeous! The colours are amazing and somehow I remebered my pear drops candies in a jar in my cupboard when looking at this! Yummy! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. verrrrrrry interesting - I like the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a happy journal page Meihsia. Lovely layering, especially loved that underneath colors peeping through, another beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful art journal page Meihsia! Love the bright and happy color palette that you used! Your inky background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your color palettes always make me happy! I really like how you used the circles in the Tim Holtz grunge stamp set. I have that set but had never thought to incorporate it like you did. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun and cheerful colorful design with lots of interesting details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely journal, the textures are fantastic!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous page! I love the the colors, the stamping really shines against it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So bright and bold! A real delight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your page is gorgeous, so bright and full of juicy, vibrant colours ~ I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous page Meihsia!! Love the stunning colours, textures and great design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome page! I love the contrast of the black stamped images with the bright, inky background! TFS!

    ReplyDelete