Sunday, January 4, 2015

Art Journal - Noteworthy

Happy new year! My dear crafty friends. I hope you all have a wonderful beginning of 2015. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we are making new friends, but keeping the old ones. It’s a new year, and our first challenge of 2015! This is so very exciting and we’d like to kick things off celebrating both old and new. 

I decorated my art journal page using some beautiful new and old dies from Simon Says Stamp Exclusive this week.



I love the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Delicate Thistle Craft Die so I decide to use it to decorate an art journal page with my favorite Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Set.



To start this project, I colored the background of this page with watercolored effect by spraying Dylusions Inks then spraying with water right after the Dylusions Inks. After the watercolor was dry, I sprayed randomly with white Distress Paint to soften Dylusions Inks.


To create the flowers and hearts, I sprayed Distress Spray Stain on a piece of Heavy Weight Cardstock, then die cut those flowers and hearts embellishments with that sprayed paper,  and pasted the embellishments using Tombo Glue on the background of my journal page.



The sentiments were Tim Holtz rub on. 


I really love the beautiful watercolored background, and fabulous embellishments made with both new and old dies from Simon Says Stamp. Hope you like my creation, too. 


Supply List:



Join us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge to start your new year craft.  Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. Have fun and good luck!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^




15 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page Meihsia! I love the bright colours. Happy New Crafty Year! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious journal page, Meihsia - the colours are just wonderful, especially at this grim grey time of year. Love how the die-cuts dance against the background inkiness... just brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous notebook! I love the bright palette!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Meihsia,
    A happy and fresh looking page, what a wonderful start to the New Year.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your journal page! I'm starting my first ever art journal...so your post really helps! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo I love the dyes in the background! The subtle colour blending works really well. I make a lot of sea and nautical themed prints myself and this style would work really nicely behind some bold prints. I'll definitely be experimenting with this technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous page. The first thing that came to mind was an underwater scene. Love the color, the sentiments, the die cuts, ok, I love it all!! Thank you for sharing. Love ya' Patricia B

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous page, Meishia! Love the bold bright colors! Fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and creative page Meishia! Love the burst of colors! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic with all of the bold colors and I really like how you used the circular pattern in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright, bold and really beautiful! This is just stunning Meishia and I adore everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those bright pretty colors! Beautiful journal pages! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning art journal pages, wonderful way to start 2015!!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - love your ideas!
    churcae(at)auburn(dot)edu

    ReplyDelete