Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mixed Media Vintage Canvas - Good 'ol Days

Hey, my dearest crafty friends, how's your weekend? I really enjoyed Halloween and my children had lot of fun with their friends trick or treating. Now we are counting down the days to Thanksgiving since they are having a whole week Thanksgiving break.

For our crafty fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we are back to the good old days. Remember when… it’s fun to walk down memory lane and whether you’d like to create a classic vintage project, try a technique you used to use, or perhaps walk down memory lane we want to see how you’re inspired by the good ‘ol days.

I created a vintage mixed media canvas with an old picture.


I loved this vintage photo when I saw it since it reminded me of my lovely brothers and sister. All my family lives in Taiwan and I only see them every other year. I deccided to create a mixed media canvas to display in my craft room using this photo.


The canvas was covered with Gesso and colored with Distress Paints on the background. I used black and white then distressed the edges of the canvas with gold color. Love the beautiful vintage color scheme.


The white Prima Flowers Frame was distressed with Distress Paints, too. I added some touch of Pearl Accent and Izink ink randomly.


Some Prima Flowers and Gear Resin Icons were attached using Foam Squares and Tombow glue. Gold Izink pigmenet ink was randomly added on the embellishments for the final touch.


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^

19 comments:

  1. Oh! WOW!!..so gorgeous Meihsia.Love the gorgeous flowers and fabulous photo frame.Wonderful piece of art for your craft room.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet vintage canvas! Love the wheel at the top. What a beautiful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous!! You are very talented , Meihsia, the way you use embellishments in your creations....always amazes me :)Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This canvas is absolutely gorgeous. I love the gold accents against black and white distressed background. And that frame & photo look adorable! xc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow - love those pulley wheels! The vintage feeling is great on this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas, Meihsia! Love the little details! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning canvas, Meihsia! Love the picture too and the colors are amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black, white and gold is really a perfect backdrop for the most incredible vintage elements here. I just love that the frame fits so well with the cogs and those sensationally large flowers are amazing. The colors and layout would only aid in inspiring. Job well done (as usual) Meihsia!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous canvas! I love how the flowers, frame, & canvas coordinate so well together :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art piece is very interesting. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous canvas Meihsia! This screams vintage beauty! Love the gold highlights and darling framed photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love all the metallics and layers of this gorgeous work! Great eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning! I adore your work, I love so much the little frames and the flowers! SO beautiful! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning! There is just so much to love about this canvas and I just adore it ~ so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful canvas! I love how the soft feminine flowers work so beautifully with the gears and more masculine elements. Opposites do attract!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is always a treat for the eyes Mei!
    Gorgeous canvas!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  17. This turned out so wonderfully! I really like the wheel at the top. It's kind of steampunk-y, yet so elegant, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! Love the colours, flowers and great frame.

    ReplyDelete