Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas to the Moon

Hello, everyone, if you’ve always wanted to go to the moon, love all celestial things, want to be a space explorer, or perhaps just like stars on your craft projects, this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we want to see how you’re inspired by the universe, galaxy, or anything else out of this world.

For this week's challenge, I created a mixed media canvas with the moon and stars.


I just received my new Prima Flowers Modeling Paste and Gesso, and thought they would be perfect to create textures for this project.


I covered the background of this cavas with Heavy Gesso and the edges with Texture Paste White Sand.


The moon and stars were die cut using Tim Holtz Sizzix Die Crescent Moon & Stars.


The Prima Flowers Resin and Junkyard Findings were attached using Gel Glue on the canvas. I also had some Tim Holtz rub on images and sentiment on the embellishments. 



Hope you enjoyed my project and got inspired to create some project using these great products.

Supply List:



Join us this week at  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge since Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. Have fun!

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog. Hope you all enjoy your day.

Meihsia  ^_^



19 comments:

  1. Wow! This is out of this world Meihsia...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing creation,oh my it's a real stunner and I love it,wonderful :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Meihsia , hope all is well with you . Thank you for your visit .
    Your canvas is amazing .Love the moon and stars . hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I feel like the moon is blowing star kisses down onto us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Meihsia! Gorgeous work of art! Love all the texture and shading of colors! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning art work Meihsia..I love the moon and stars..the textures and colours..gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that's gorgeous - such amazing contrasts of light and dark... and fabulous texture too. Sorry I've missed so much, but I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of visiting.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous canvas!! So much texture! I LOVE IT!!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Meihsia, the rays with the moon are fantastic, and the Prima signpost goes so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great challenge and what an awesome DT project Meihsia. I love the texture on this canvas and the rays look amazing. Lots of inspiration here, thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely striking!! the crown on the moon and the stars and the wee Paris print and the speckle of stars...sensational creation Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very eye catching! Love the light shining off from the moon and the sign, what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is way too cool. You're giving me an idea on how I can use the celestial beams on card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the Queen of mixed media! Every Monday I'm curious to see what you've created! Simply wonderful! barbaryaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful piece! Loving all that great texture and that street post is such a cool element!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous canvas and a beautiful piece of art ~ it's really gorgeous Meihsia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is gorgeous, Meihsia! Love it! You're amazing with mixed media projects! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love this canvas! The yellow looks so fantastic next to the dark background and I like how you've made a whole scene here, yet it still has those great unexpected elements like the butterfly and crown. Another wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete