Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mixed Media Tag - Orange

Hi, everyone, it's time to be creative and have fun! Here’s a letter we haven’t covered yet at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - " O " - what will you use? October Afternoon products? Be inspired by the number one? Create an ombre effect? order new goodies to play with? We want to see what O means in your crafting!

I was inspired to create a mixed media tag with the "O"range color scheme.


 
To me, O is for orange and orange is the color of Fall.


From falling leaves to pumpkins, orange is all around us in this season. I created this tag with different shades and products of orange color include Distress Paint, Faber-Castell Gelatos, Distress Stickle and Distress Ink.



The texture on the background is made with Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Modeling Paste.



These three butterflies were cut out from Tim Holtz Paper Stash Crowded Attic. I colored and distressed them with distress paints and covered them with a layer of Crackle Accent.


I added some of my favorite Tim Holtz embellishments for more interest. Love the beautiful orange color scheme and those cute Film Strip and ChitChat Stickers. Hope you like this project and are inspired to create something with "O".
 

Supply List:



Join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge since Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!
I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia  ^_^




19 comments:

  1. Hello Meihsia,
    Hot, hot, hot is the colour Orange to me, and this Tag is sizzling.
    The butterflies with their added embellishments sit so perfectly against the gorgeous Bg. And I too am liking the mini filmstrip.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the butterflies' glossy finish and how you added embellies to them, very original and artsy! Great background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag, love the shades of orange :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a work of art! You sure did put a lot into this tag and it is plain to see. This is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous textures and love the added elements... beautiful tag, Meihsia! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and added elements - gorgeous, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rustic glorious tag! I love the hues of orange with the touch of white to create the rusic effect. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag! Pure Orange goodness! You achieved wonderful texture. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag! this is a piece of art! I love all the textures!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your orange tag looks awesome Meihsia! I'm a big fan of the texture and items you chose to add to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The texture is stunning, Meihsia! Love the orange! The butterflies are so beautiful! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color and sparkle reminds me of Orange Slices, those orange-flavored jelly candies that are coated with sugar. The embellishments on the butterflies are just great. I really admire this--nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag Meihsia! Love the trio of gorgeous butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, this weekend is pleasant designed for me, for the reason that this point in time i am reading this fantastic informative paragraph here at my house.


    My website :: after effects particles overlay - -

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much gorgeous detail on your beautiful orange tag and I love the butterflies ~ it's fabulous Meihsia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This tag is so pretty!! Love the textures in the background, the butterflies and the little bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW! Orange is not a favourite colour of mine but this is DEFINITELY the exception to the rule - utterly gorgeous and so much yummy texture! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete