Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mixed Media Hold Musical Instrument Tag

Hey, my dear blog friends! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I had a wonderful time at Comic Con Dallas this Sunday. It's not our children's first time to Comic Con but they are still excited to see those fun costumes and cosplay. Now for our crafty fun, we're having ANYTHING GOES challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Yes! You know the drill here – no rules just crafting! Enjoy making something new and share it with us.

I created a mixed media tag using the new Tim Holtz Carved Instrument Stamps.


Both Natalie and Christopher love to play musical instruments and I love these Tim Holtz Carved Instrument Stamps, so I decided to use these stamps to create a mixed media tag this week.


I covered the tag with a layer of Gesso and colored it with Distress Paints. The texture on the background of this tag was stenciled using Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Modeling Paste.


Those two stamped instrument images were cut and attached on the tag with Foam Squares to give a touch of dimension. I added some Tim Holtz metal embellishments which were covered with Gesso, and colored and distressed with Distress Paints.



The edges of this tag were also distressed with Distress Paints. I love the beautiful color combo the textures.

 
I hope you love my creation and got inspired to create something with any of your craft supplies.
 
Supply List:



Join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ANYTHING GOES! Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. Have fun!
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful week!
 
Meihsia ^_^
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Your mixed media tag is brilliant!! I love the layering and metal elements! You make me want to get this TH instrument stamp set!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous Tag Mei!
    Your work is ALWAYS so inspiring!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag, Meihsia! Love the colours and the idea of using musical instruments as a focal.. brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, your color palettes alone make me drool! Love how you've blended the blues and yellows in this one and the textures are divine. You've never made something that I haven't absolutely adored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't seen those stamps before, but I really love them and love the bright colors in this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, Meihsia! love the bright colors and the stamps are so cool! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had been tempted by these stamps and your gorgeous tag has convinced me! Love the subtle colouring. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Meihsia! Love the pretty color palette! The numbers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tags impressed me very much! It's wonderful and bright , but above all I love the numbers, colors and texture that you have given them!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love the way you use the light in our colors! What a fun and beautiful musical tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! So colorful and fun! Those number embellishments really caught my eye. Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colourful, fun and so beautiful ~ I absolutely love this tag, Meihsia and those stamps look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really lovely, the layering is gorgeous! I'm always looking for new projects and ways to use my own work. This is definitely something I'm going to attempt with my own prints :)

    http://printsregent.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete