Sunday, October 26, 2014

Mixed Media Halloween Treat Bag

My dear crafty friends, hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Halloween is just a few days away, and while not everyone will be celebrating, surely you all like to be inspired by treats! This week, join us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge to create a treat. From a sweet gift bag to making a crafty treat for a friend, making a candy inspired card or journaling about your favorite desserts – we can’t wait to see what kind of a treat you are inspired to craft this week.

I was inspired to create a Halloween treat bag for my children.



Natalie and Christopher asked me to make Halloween treat bags for them and I found that brown bags are very easy to create with Halloween theme.


I distressed the edges of the bag and most of the embellishments with black Distress Paint, and pasted a piece of tissue wrap on the bag using Gel Medium. The layer under the image was embossed with Tim Holtz embossing folder and distressed with Distress Paint.

 
The sentiment and the cute image were cut out from Holtz Idea-ology Paper Stash Sensonal. I also added some fun elements such as Rosette Flowers, a clip and a Seam Binding ribbon which were all distressed with Distress Paints.
 
 
Natalie and Christopher love this bag and I hope you enjoyed this project, too.
Supply List:
 
Join us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and create your treat for this Halloween. You might win $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp or be on Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!                                      
Thank you for joining me. Have a wonderful day!
 
Meihsia ^_^
 
 
 

26 comments:

  1. Hello Meihsia,
    The bags are awesome, I bet your children loved them.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grunge spirit of this creation! Stunning work! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Meihsia! Love the vintage vibe! The rosettes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty Halloween make Meihsia. Gorgeous vintage make and especially love those rosettes. I can never get their creases to sit evenly but yours are perfect!. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Halloween treat bag is a real treat itself. Lovely decorations on it. Sure to make the recipient enjoy the treats in it even more! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. EVERY kid on the block will be green with envy. This treat bag is PHENOMENAL!! I absolutely love the 'tarnished soot' look on the rosettes. That's such a great idea and the entire bag is just the bomb. You get mom of the year AGAIN!! :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bag!! I love how you distressed the rosettes :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag is just too darn cute to use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage theme for this sweet Halloween bag! Wonderful detail...so fun!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant proyect! This bag is absolutely wonderful, I love all the fantastic details. Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the paper bag transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bag is pretty and grungy!! Amaze-ball!!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous treat bag! Love the rosettes and the cute pumpkin image! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. This bag is so cute, love the vintage Halloween and the colors are perfect! I love the edges of black and all the layers. Very nice!
    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I'm fairly certain that this is the classiest-coolest Halloween treat bag I've seen in a long time! You are so skilled at making ordinary things look extraordinary. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! These are stunning bags, Meihsia! Natalie and Christopher must be well chuffed! Feel free to adopt me this Halloween! LOL!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I hope your children appreciate all the time and talent you put into their treat bags. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't decide if that pumpkin man is cute or scary... A little of both I guess? :) Love all the layers you've achieved here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great bag! I really love the pumpkin lady image and all the different layers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Halloween!
    I love this happy little treat bag. The smiling pumpkins and orange paper rosettes add so much fun. I hope you have a wonderful day and I hope that your children will have a wonderful time filling their bags with treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous treat bag! Love the black distressing around the edges! Fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great bag! Love the colours and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the distressed feel to this bag and the colours are gorgeous! You've packed it full of so much wonderful detail and I just LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your trick or treat bag Meihsia..love the fun image and gorgeous rosette flowers and love the distressed edges..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete