Sunday, September 28, 2014

Live Life Mixed Media Canvas

Hey, my friends, can't believe Fall is officially here. Hope you all enjoy the cool weather. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we'd love to see you to finish off a project with a stamp. This is also a perfect way to end our STAMPtember celebration!

I was inspired to create a mixed media canvas with some stamping as a final touch.
There are some certain color schemes that I love to have on my projects. To create a mixed media canvas with a different color combo this week, I tried Tim Holtz Distress Paint Ever Green Bough.
 
 
As usual, I prepared this canvas with Gesso. To create the texture on the background I pasted a piece of embossed paper after blending the Distress inks on it.  
 
Tim Holtz metal embellishments were colored and attached on the canvas.
 
 
Some texture was made with stencils and modeling paste. I also added some rub on sticker to create more interest.
 
 
After attaching some Tim Holtz and Prima Flowers embellishments, I stamped the Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamps Cracks & Specks as the final touch and I love the beautiful crackled effect.




I hope you like my mixed media canvas and got inspired to create something with a stamp to finish off it.

Join us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge since Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight!

Supply List:


And one more thing I'd like to share - I am so happy that recently I remodel and reorganize my craft room.
 

Here is my craft room tour video before organizing if you are interested. Hopefully I could share the after organizing video soon. I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful day!
Meihsia ^_^

18 comments:

  1. Hello Meihsia,
    This must be one of my favourite mixed media pieces you have done, I love the palette and your wonderful mix of elements , from hard to soft, all the texture is just mouth watering. Wonderful, wonderful canvas.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piece, Meihsia!! Love the color combination and great layers of texture!!
    And your new craft room is just WOW!! watched video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! I had no idea that you had a youtube page. Your videos are incredible! I love the speed of your tutorials, your notes are so informative and the music is great and as always, the projects are fantastic. Absolutely loved meeting your cat and I can't wait to see the makeover. Gorgeous mixed media project Meihsia :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas. The mix of colors and textures and embellishments is just beautiful. Love your craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meihsia! I'm so sorry that I have not dropped by your blog lately. It's been a crazy time over the last few months. I saw this project on SSS Monday Challenge blog and had to come by! Beautiful!!! Love the color combo on this piece and all of the repeated circles play off the rectangular panels of central embossed image so well. Tim's cracked stamp is one of my "go to" stamps and really is the perfect finishing touch for this project! Fantastic!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such interest, texture and dimension, Meihsia .. what a stunning canvas! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning canvas!! The yellow really POPS off the page! Congrats on your revised craft room! Looking so lovely already!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Meihsia! Love all the texture and blossoms! Such a beautiful work of art! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Beautiful MM!!! Love it! ANd heart your craft room!!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Beautiful medialicious canvas Meihsia! Love the colours and textures. And boy, how I envy you the space in your craft room. It's mahoosive! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning canvast, Meihsia! Love the texture and the colors! Just watched your craftroom video, nice space! Can't wait what you gonna do with it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing creation once again Mei!
    Thanks for sharing your craft room with us, I enjoyed watching the video!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous canvas! Love all the textures and your combo colors! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous canvas and I love how that pop of yellow creates the perfect background and is so eye catching ~ just wonderful, Meihsia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an interesting piece full of texture. Love the colours with all the yellow and of course the stamping. Your room looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so jealous of your crafting space! What great light! Your project is absolutely stunning. I love all the textures working together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a totally fabulous piece Meisha, I love it! From the brilliant embellishing to all the wonderful stamping, and I love the idea of the piece of embossed card in the centre, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. PINNED!!! TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY Meihsia! LOVE the yellows...you always do them so well, and LOVE the metal!!!

    ReplyDelete