Sunday, September 14, 2014

Art Journal Do Something New

Hey, my dear crafty friends, hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Finally it feels like Fall now in Dallas 'cause the temperature dropped to 60 degrees. It's the best time for us to play tennis outdoors.

Speaking of Fall, I was inspired to make an art journal page this week for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - the theme is "Rock the Techniques!". I created the watercolor effect with Distress Inks and Aqua Brush on the falling leaves on my journal page.

 
I've always loved to create watercolor effect with different inks and medias on my mixed media projects. This week, I decided to make the watercolored background on my art journal page using Simon Says Stamp New Stamps,  Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Pentel Aquash Brush.


After stamping the leaf images with Distress Ink on the watercolor paper, I used Aqua Brush to brush over the stamped images.


The texture on the background was created with Modeling Paste and Tim Holtz Layering Stencil.


Then I added my favorite Prima Flowers and Tim Holtz embellishments over the background.


Hope you like my creation and are inspired to create something with your favorite techniques.

 
 
Supply List:


It wouldn’t be STAMPtember without techniques – so show us what you’ve got! Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher. Hope you are the lucky winner!
Thank you so much for dropping by my blog. Happy crafting!
 
Meihsia ^_^
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Meihsia! I love watercoloring too, your effects are great and the page is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on love with water colour effect and your journal page looks phenomenal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Meihsia! Love all the beautiful fall foliage and blossoms! So much eye candy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I've never tried the water coloring technique, thought it was too difficult for me. But I've got stamps, Di inks and a water brush pen, so I actually think I can do this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Meihsia! Love it! You're so good in mixed media projects! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun page and good words to live by! Love the leaves :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear miu

    超喜歡這個感覺 一個作品有美編效果 又有藝術價值 好讚 !! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love those leaves... and pretty, pretty color tones... And that bulb and all the metal parts. :) So awesome, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Meihsia! The watercolor looks amazing and the dry wall tape adds great interest to this canvas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazingly beautiful Meihsia!!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your style, so colorful! You are an amazing mixed media artist! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful patterns here! I love the watery feel and the color palette you chose. I especially like how the blue from the corner transitions into the oranges and yellows. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeously beautiful. I just ordered some embossing paste to try it out and after seeing this amazing project I just can't wait! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another absolutely stunning layout and I love the watercolour effect that you've created! Beautiful works as always... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way that you transition from the cool colors to the warm and the leaves are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love how you create this amazing project bursting with beautiful colors. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful page!! Love the colours and the wonderful falling leaves. Great idea to add the sentiment in the form of a photo.

    ReplyDelete