Sunday, August 10, 2014

Art Journal Note to Self

Hi, friends, hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we challenge you "All Scratched Up" - from rubbing with steel wool to sandpaper, giving an aged look with a brown ink pad to crumplng and then flattening back out some paper, or even using a scratched up looking stamp -  just embrace imperfection and get grungy.

I was inspired to create an art journal page with scratched looking edges.


And this art journal page reminds myself to follow my heart and be daring.


On this page, I colored the background with ColorBox Smooch Spritz and distressed the edges with ColorBox Ink Pads.


To create the scratched look, I stamped Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Bitty Grunge Stamper Anonymous around the edges.


There are some great rub-on sentiments that I love and inspire me on the page.

 
Hope you like my project and are inspired to create something fun and beautiful with scratches.
 
 
Supply List: 


Join us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Have fun!

 
Thank you so much for stopping by. Hope you all enjoy your day and happy crafting! ^_^
 
Meihsia 




15 comments:

  1. What a lovely inspiring journal pages. I love the theme about being original and done so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal page. So many fantastic elements to tie in with your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Meihsia! A real original work of art! The scratched edge detail looks fantastic! Love the tattered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful art journal page, Meihsia! Love the flowers and the rub ons! Beautiful! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Actually gorgeous layout! So well thought out :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous art journal page Meihsia!!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting and cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page, Meihsia! I love the bold graphics. A very cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Meihsia! I really love this fantastic page with the amazing details, I specially like the flowers.
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool poster. clean composition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page , wonderful colors! Art journal is a therapy for me! Love the contrast Blue/ yellow! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do love the scratchy corners you created! How original! And I also really like how you arranged your elements on this. It has so many neat parts to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful page, amazing details and fabulous colour palette, it's such an original work of art, Meihsia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool page! Love all the words that you used and the scratchy stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty! i love the composition of this!

    ReplyDelete