Sunday, August 3, 2014

Art Journal In the Family

Hey, my dear blog friends! This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we'd love to see your project featuring something "In the Family". It may be the family of distress colors, your ancestors or friends you feel are closer than your biological family. There are a lot of families you can feature in your creation – and how you answer our call to creativity is entirely up to you.

I am always inspired by my two children, Natalie and Christopher, to document family memories. On the photo of this journal page, Natalie and Christopher were so happily riding on their scooters in a sunny afternoon.


Documenting family memories was the reason I started crafting. Natalie and Christopher always inspire me to create.


I made textures using Modeling Paste and Prima Flowers Stencil on this page.


The background was colored with Gelatos and Color Shine.



I love to decorate my art journal page with Prima Flowers embellishments.


Supply List: 



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!
I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page Meihsia and the kiddos are just adorable! Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and those pretty flowers. Best detail are the metal plates. :)
    Have a great day, Meihsia...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully and I love how you said that documenting family memories was the reason you started crafting. Family truly is what it all boils down to and how lucky your kids are to have a mom who has chronicled these special memories and moments so beautifully! I love your colors and textures and as always, I am inspired by how you combine so many "random" elements and make them work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project Meihsia! Your children are so adorable! Love all the texture and vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your use of color and texture in this gorgeous page. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this page is so beautiful, love the watercolor look. And what a sweet picture of your children. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your layout! The colors are so happy and perfect with the kids and their happy photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So colorful! You captured to happy colors of Summer.
    I love the banner. Such a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photo & scrapbook layout! I love the way you embellished and how you added monochromatic texture!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful layout and wonderful photos! I love the contrast of colors that you have created in this page and all the little details that you used!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful work as always - love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a happy layout! Love the colours and the wonderful textures in the background. Fun photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the different textural elements and amount of detailing! Wonderful scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous bright pages which capture the feel of summer and the feel of your gorgeous photo! Just adorable... :)

    ReplyDelete