Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mixed Media Altered Anchor

Hello, everyone, how is your summer so far? We are still on vacation and having a lot of great time visiting our family. I love traveling and visiting different places during summer time even it is hot.

For the theme this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we want to see your "Mid-Summer" creations. Whether your creative mind wants to take a vacation or be inspired by Shakespeare; play with a Farmer's Market inspired paper line or stamp into a starry night frenzy - we challenge you to create and share with us.

I created an altered anchor to display in my son Christopher's ocean themed bedroom.


Summer reminds me of ocean, and ocean reminds me of an anchor. Christopher loves everything about ocean. So for this week's challenge, I decided to alter an 11" chipboard anchor that I purchased at local craft store to display in his room.


First, I prepared the chipboard with applying a layer of Gesso on it using a paintbrush. 


Create some beautiful stain pattern on the chipboard with Prima Flower stencil and Modeling Passte.


I gethered different inks in blue shades such as Distress Stain, Izink ink and Distress Ink, then applied them on the chipboard anchor. Distress the edges with ColorBox Mix'd Media Inx Chox.



Decorate the anchor with Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Words Remnants Rubs and Border Stickers.
To finish off this project, I tied a string and the decorative trim on the chipboard anchor. 

Attach the distressd keys to the anchor.



I hope you like my chipboard anchor and I know that Chrisopher will love it!

Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^


19 comments:

  1. Omg your anchor is exquisite! Beautifully stamped and decorated. Hope you have a wonderful time during your vacation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! I love the texture that the paste added. And the keys are a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece for your son's room! I love the colors and how nautical it looks, yet it's still an amazing piece of art, too. I thought the addition of the keys was especially brilliant. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your amazing anchor. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go racking up those awesome mom points again! I'm a fan of the anchor...it's nautical perfection.

    Glad to hear you're having fun on your vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning creation!!! Love all the texture, color, keys, and trim! Hope you're having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really so inspiring to see the journey of your making! Being born and raised by the sea I love everything nautical. I love how this turned out and I think your son is a lucky guy getting this to decorate his room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color!! I also love all the texture you added to this piece :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Meihsia! That anchor is stunning! I love the beautiful color scheme! All the rub ons add fantastic contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow-this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous!! Love the net and the shades of blue and textures are amazing. Great use of the industrious stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is one lucky child to get this awesome anchor to display in his room. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Meihsia! Love the shades of blue! Your son is gonna love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Meihsia...this is absolutely stunning and your son is so lucky to have such a beautiful piece of art in his room. I love all the texture you've incorporated into it and fabulous use of the all the products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! I love the touch of texture which reminds me of the barnacles on a real anchor. Beautiful blues and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This anchor is fabolous! I adore this shades of blue mixed with white color! Fantastic work! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is sooooooooooooooo very cool!

    ReplyDelete