Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer Fun Mixed Media Mini Canvas Board

HAPPY SUMMER, friends! This week, we play with no rules at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - just get CREATIVE!
 

 
This was my children's first week of summer break and we couldn't wait to make some fun projects. I created three mixed media canvas boards for my children to display on their desks.

 
Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamps Mini Blueprints are perfect for these 2" X 2" mini canvases. I first
brushed the Gesso on the Tissue Wrap Paper, let dry then stamped the mini blueprints using Tuxedo Black ink on the wrap paper. The background of these canvas boards was colored with Distress Paints.
 
 
I tore the wrap paper around the image and pasted it on the colored canvas board using Gel Medium. Then embossed the same image and colored it with Distress Paint. Cut and adhered the image on the canvas with Foam Squares.
 


The crackle paint was applied around the image and the pigment ink was used to distress the edges of the canvas.
 

 
I love these beautiful and vibrant colors and cute images. My children are so happy to have these mini canvas boards displayed on their desk. Hope you enjoy them, too.


Supply List:



Join us for this week's ANYTHING GOES challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge since Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher to a random entry. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!
Hope you all enjoy the beautiful summer days! And happy crafting!

Meihsia ^_^



 

21 comments:

  1. Adorable canvas Meihsia! innovative way to use Tim's stamps, you are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas art! amazing how much beauty can be squeezed in such a small format! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have brought this wonderful little set of stamps to life Meihsia! I love your canvases, the colours are delightful.... gorgeous little canvases. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up! I am ready to go to the summer carnival that your beautiful mini canvases remind me of! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meihsia! Thank you for stopping by my little blog! I have replied to your comment. I also posted a new post with a card for SSS Mon which includes some exclusive photos of the Royal Family playing polo yesterday.. you have just missed it so I thought you might like to see them. :) Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Meihsia! Love them all! Really fun and colorful! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much colour and so much fun in such a small space - they're really cool, Meihsia! Have a great time with your children over the summer...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've created those backgrounds for the beautiful mini treats. Such great ideas here. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous canvas boards, I adore the images and your fresh fun colour palette. Enjoy your summer with the children. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Meihsia! Such sweet works of art! All the backgrounds look fabulous! Love the bright and bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these. What a sweet gift. Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Super gorgeous trio! I love the bright & bold colors that you used for these! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable!! I love the way you kept them all in the same theme, yet each one is so unique and special all on its own. The colors are extraordinary and made me think happily of summer. Great job on creating such a charming little trio!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a fun little trio you've created. I love the backgrounds too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute & fun canvas Meihsia! LOve all, great idea for kids!!!!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are simply adorable canvases, Meihsia and I love how you've used those Tim Holtz stamps...a fabulous trio of wonderful artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not sure how I missed this, but LOVE, love, LOVE these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really did a nice job with these stamps! The gumball machine is so perfect with different color balls and I can smell the popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so happy and cheerful! Love your colours, as always and the blueprint images look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet! Such fun colors for the tiny little works. Simply darling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete