Sunday, June 22, 2014

Mixed Media Shabby Chic Configuration Box

Hi, my lovely crafty friends, do you have any craft product that you love but don’t use nearly enough? Perhaps it is a stamp or maybe it is a particular ink color. Whatever your particular product or technique is – this is your chance to get it used and share!

For this week Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, I altered a configurations shadow box that I always love but have never created any project with it before.


I have collected many different sized Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Configurations Shadow Boxes and they are perfect for storing and sorting my craft embellishments and jewelry accessories.


This week, I decided to altere one of the boxes, and create some textures using Modeling Paste and colors using Distress Paints on it.

 
There are some cute embellishments attached on the box. Now it becomes a beautiful decor on my bookshelf.


 
I hope you enjoyed my creation and are inspired to create something using the items or techniques you rarely used. Just think out of the box.  ^_^


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator so please join us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Happy crafting!

Thank you for stopping. Hope you all have a fantastic week.

Meihsia ^_^



23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love the colors and all the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful configurations! I always love seeing how you are going to bring your light and beautiful colors to your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work! I love the bottles of beads. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gorgeous work in a configurations box, wow this is fabulous! Your colors are gorgeous and I love how the words are out there on the edges. Gorgeous details inside, I just love how your colors all compliment each other. This is a gorgeous project!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you flipped these over. The colors and items you put on them, especially the vials, is awesome! LOVE the inside and the vibrant flowers! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your configurations box is so unique! I really like the fun color scheme and the way the different elements shoot off the focal point. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about thinking outside the box! Fabulous make and design Meihsia with gorgeous, pretty elements. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool, Meihsia! Love the way you've used them to create this! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's surprising to me that you've never done a configuration box before. I thought you'd pretty much played with every type of canvas out there. I am not shocked however that it turned out this stunning. Everything you touch turns to insanely adorable!!
    Enjoy looking at this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about 'fun with paint'!! This looks like a lot of mixed media fun :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Working outside the box is a very clever and original way of using these pieces and your project turned out great. I really appreciate your signature colors of soft pastel yellows, blues and pinks. This will be a fine addition to your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great challenge, I love your altered box Meihsia and maybe I'll get mine out now and dress it up a bit. :) Love your color choices too! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is an original way to use Tim's shadow box!!! I like so much your ability to personalize every little thing that you make! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meiosis, this is so cute! The light and cheerful colors make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I was so inspired by how you arranged this configurations box! I've never seen one put together quite this way before and it's yet another example of your creative visions! You are always so original in all of your art and it's a joy to see what you come up with every week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful box Meihsia!!! Your creation is totally amazing!!! You're good!!! Very inspiring indeed! Hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic idea! Love how you placed all the little boxes building that interesting design. Fabulous textures and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow!! This is so stunning ~ I love the design, the colour palette and all the texture that you've incorporated into the piece, it's just fabulous Meihsia... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the way you've configured these boxes and altered them in a much more feminine style. The end result is gorgeous! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! Your shadowboxes are wonderful - love how you've put them together. Gorgeous colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a delight of a project, Meihsia - the painty effects on the exteriors are gorgeous and textural, and the whole piece is so light and fresh and feminine - just lovely!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your project turned out fabulous, seems like a fun thing to make too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete